Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 29 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources The child of Colors and the Hedgehog Engine

#421 User is offline CNGlucose 

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:24 AM

• Project:Undisclosed

View PostDark Sonic, on 03 February 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

So it appears we have someone who has managed to slightly modify Sonic's physics. I wonder what exactly was edited, Sonic seems a bit wonky so something had to be done, just not sure what. If we can expand on it though that could be a game changer. It would also appear that Sonic built up speed while running rather than going walk or run. These two changes alone make this much closer to Sonic Adventure style gameplay.

This was done through HEX editing apparently. Interesting.

It seems that Beatz eventually released the spindash mod in beta form, but it's an executable hack instead of it's own separate mod.

View PostDark Sonic, on 18 September 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Not a bad workaround for the lightdash.

Does anyone have any more information on this particular mod?

I don't know enough about Generations or SLW to make an educated guess as to how it was done, but I'd love to know if anyone has that information or could point me to any documentation to get me started on recreating it myself.

I'd also be incredibly interested in any documentation of Sonic's physics; however, aren't they hard-coded into the .exe?

#422 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

• Meme War I Veteran
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94
In Generations, the physics were also hardcoded into the .exe, but editable through an external plaintext .prm file.That's kind of typical fare for most games. If you want to see how that works, delete the physics parameter file for Sonic, and it should default to Unleashed physics, if memory serves.

I wonder if you could make a parameter file for SLW.
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 16 November 2016 - 03:02 PM

• 29 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users