Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 29 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources The child of Colors and the Hedgehog Engine

#31 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostTheKazeblade, on 04 January 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

I know '06 is far beyond saving, but what I'm getting at is, has this yielded discoveries that might be able to help "fix" '06 to an extent?
First you'd have to fix Lost World. =P

#32 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostParaxade, on 03 January 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostLanzer, on 03 January 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Wow, this is great! so how much do you guys think of this LW research can benefit Generations PC? I'm guessing by mounds considering that LW and SGPC share similarities.

Not really at all honestly. If anything it's had the most benefit on Sonic 06/Colors modding, since they all use the same offset table format, which Dario and I cracked from looking at the Lost World files. That opens the door for a lot of Sonic 06/Colors mods, which led to this:

As far as Generations is concerned there isn't really anything in here that helps.

Aww, thats a shame. Console modding doesn't interest me too much, its a cool concept but unlike a PC you have to have a modded console and its not very open or user friendly which leaves the amount of people who can do it down to a limited number.

#33 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

• Meme War I Veteran
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94
Well I guess it's time to start using the cling-to-walls-unless-stopped-or-slow parkour system I made for Generations almost a year before Lost World was even announced.

:3
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 04 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

#34 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
So, question to which the answer is probably no. But would it be at all feasible to back port wisp powers to Sonic Generations, or if not that, Sonic Colors (and vice versa)? Obviously some wouldn't work like the rhythm one (but who would miss that), but Eagle in Colors or Hover in Generations could be kinda fun.

#35 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

• Meme War I Veteran
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94
You'd need the source for both games to do that without spending months to years deconstructing the game. It's not as simple as injecting the resources.
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 04 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

#36 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostLobotomy, on 04 January 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

You'd need the source for both games to do that without spending months to years deconstructing the game. It's not as simple as injecting the resources.

Ah. You see I wasn't sure how that worked in Colors or Lost World, so I thought it could be theoretically possible. Then again if source editing was an option someone would have tweaked Classic Sonic significantly long ago.

#37 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

basically, you can port assets (models, textures, sounds, music, animations) and you can't port code (gimmicks, objects, physics behavior) without doing way too much work. most port projects you see just move large amounts of assets from one game to another.

#38 User is offline SuperSonicRider 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

• Sonic Colors DS enthusiast
  • Wiki edits:101
Does Sonic Lost World have any models for other "typical" Modern Sonic gimmicks? (like, Springboards (Jump Ramps? I don't know exactly what to call them), Dash Rings, Rainbow Rings, stuff like that?) I still don't have the game yet, but in all the playthroughs & time attacks & whatnot I've seen, I just realized that those gimmicks are notably absent here. Unless I'm missing something terribly obvious?

#39 User is offline Azookara 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

• take it from me, little buddy
  • Project:hoboagogo?
  • Wiki edits:27
IIRC there are no dash ramps, rainbow rings, etc. Maybe they were removed to give you more incentive to parkour or something?

Really liked that this game had the old springs in it too.

#40 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

As far as unused content is concerned, there's a HUD texture that references Yacker, the wisp from Sonic Colors. There also seems to be assets for the Quake wisp, which is only in the 3DS version. (Would post a picture, but I don't have the model viewing stuff; maybe Dario can take one tomorrow.) Aside from that, we haven't seen anything, though I dunno that any of us have really looked.

If you're interested in what object models it has though, these are all the models in the CommonObject pacs:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Paraxade: 05 January 2015 - 03:45 AM

#41 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

• Wiki edits:6
The Quake Wisp is in the Wii U version, just saying. You find it in multiplayer only as a way of slowing down your opponent, so it makes sense that it's in the game.

#42 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

Oh okay, I didn't recognize it and when I did a quick google I found a page that said it was only in the 3DS version. Guess that's not actually anything interesting then :P

#43 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

Also, IIRC, Yacker is appears in on the map screen a lot. He's not named, but he's there.

#44 User is offline The KKM 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

• Welcome to the nExt level
  • Project:Taking control of my life
Yeah, he's the one giving you extra missions to do IIRC? Either that or the one who sends and receives gifts like extra 1ups

#45 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Yeah, IIRC it was his name written out as a HUD graphic. I'm not sure if it's used anywhere, but Zoney seemed to think so and I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

It's not too super interesting either way, honestly.

• 29 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users