Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SegaWorld Birmingham, Tamworth, Wolverhampton - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 5 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SegaWorld Birmingham, Tamworth, Wolverhampton

#61 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

• wikiman
  • Project:thinking of a better member title
  • Wiki edits:20,569
I don't care if there's only three or four people in the world that care - I'm going to keep bumping this topic.

GamesMaster!

(4:25-ish)

Sega Park Harlow apparently opened on a Friday. This episode of GamesMaster aired on the 17th December 1997, which was a Wednesday, which means... the opening date was the 12th. Also it was apparently the 13th Sega Park - can't quite be bothered to check the maths on that one.

#62 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
I know we have at least one Harlow-based member... anyone go to this Sega Park?

#63 User is offline Breadbin 

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

I lived within 5 miles of the SegaWorld in Tamworth growing up and ironically, never went there (we didn't have much money growing up). But can definitely confirm that the postcode on the 1st page is correct (it was located in what is now the Namco / Strykers building next to the Tamworth Snow Dome).

I think I remember one of my friends from college saying that his dad worked at the Tamworth SegaWorld (maybe even owned it). I'll drop him a message and see if he has any images of the place when it was still going (I'm not hugely hopeful though).

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am aware that the last part very much sounds like a "my dad works at Nintendo" sort of claim but I seem to remember him dropping it nonchalantly in conversation and mentioned that he got a life-size cut out of Sonic The Hedgehog when it closed down.
This post has been edited by Breadbin: 06 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

• 5 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users