Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Learn more about Sonic 2 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Learn more about Sonic 2 relevant update

#1 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

  • Posts: 10340
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Wiki edits:18
Here.

I've finally uploaded all the answers I got from Mr. Skelly this summer, as well as certain other neat things I don't want to spoil.

Enjoy!

#2 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

  • Adopt
  • Posts: 5180
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:CA US
  • Wiki edits:4
Huh, that's some interesting stuff there. Good job, you asked some good questions.

#3 User is offline Absolute Chaos 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:49 PM

  • Posts: 134
  • Joined: 17-December 03
  • Project:Sonic 2 Evolution, Sonic DX

Rika Chou, on Sep 22 2004, 06:17 PM, said:

Huh, that's some interesting stuff there. Good job, you asked some good questions.

Yeah, these two interviews are very intesting. Good job, ICEknight.

#4 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:50 PM

  • Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Posts: 4394
  • Joined: 17-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
  • Wiki edits:69
Yeah that was an intresting interview, the Craig Stitt one is still my fav. though :D
It's a shame this guy doesn't seem to remember a great deal :(

Peter Morawiec said:

I designed the
appearance of the Start/Finish line, the checkpoints, and the HUD displays,
including Sonic's thumbs up/down hand.

Tim Skelly said:

I did all of the artwork except for the rings, bombs, Sonic and Tails, who were drawn and animated (as was just about everything) by Yasushi Yamaguchi....

...I know this will sound peculiar, but Peter Morawiec had nothing to with the Special Stage, or any other Sonic 2 artwork as far as I know, and I was the Art Director.

Seems to tie up just about, except for that last part :P
This post has been edited by QJimbo: 22 September 2004 - 06:51 PM

#5 User is offline Trigahd 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:15 PM

  • I am your gahd!!
  • Posts: 1524
  • Joined: 06-August 03
  • Location:Somewhere in the skies
  • Project:Nothing worth mentioning
This info is awesome to read about. Nice job, ICEknight!

#6 User is offline LOst 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:16 PM

  • Posts: 4886
  • Joined: 10-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2
One thing!

Destroy the flying enemy on the main page to see OMG OMG Sonic 2 stuff! Original art!

#7 User is offline Simon 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:30 AM

  • Posts: 1538
  • Joined: 17-December 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canadia
  • Wiki edits:1
Good work ICEKnight!!

Quote

Destroy the flying enemy on the main page to see OMG OMG Sonic 2 stuff! Original art!

wtf? We now have arts from the Digitizers? That's wicked.

#8 User is offline G3K 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:26 AM

  • Internet needs more petrol
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 19-September 04
  • Location:Airdrie, Scotland
  • Project:Alphabet successfully learned, now working on numbers 1-10
Excellent stuff, I noticed a little Firefox-specific problem with the navigation though; the farther down the page you go, the more offset the red box is from the area which your cursor is actually over - here's a screenshot.

I think I've just discovered the one thing Internet Explorer can do that Firefox can't :lol:

#9 User is offline LOst 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:09 AM

  • Posts: 4886
  • Joined: 10-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2

QJimbo, on Sep 23 2004, 02:50 AM, said:

Yeah that was an intresting interview, the Craig Stitt one is still my fav. though :D
It's a shame this guy doesn't seem to remember a great deal :(

Peter Morawiec said:

I designed the
appearance of the Start/Finish line, the checkpoints, and the HUD displays,
including Sonic's thumbs up/down hand.

Tim Skelly said:

I did all of the artwork except for the rings, bombs, Sonic and Tails, who were drawn and animated (as was just about everything) by Yasushi Yamaguchi....

...I know this will sound peculiar, but Peter Morawiec had nothing to with the Special Stage, or any other Sonic 2 artwork as far as I know, and I was the Art Director.

Seems to tie up just about, except for that last part :P

I believe more in Tim than Peter. For some reason Tim knows so much while all the others have forgotten or don't want to talk about it

#10 User is offline LOst 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

  • Posts: 4886
  • Joined: 10-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2
I'm pro Mother Bubbler!

#11 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:53 AM

  • Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Posts: 4394
  • Joined: 17-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
  • Wiki edits:69

LOst, on Sep 22 2004, 10:16 PM, said:

Destroy the flying enemy on the main page to see OMG OMG Sonic 2 stuff! Original art!

WOW! :shocked:
The javascript  game didn't work on Mozilla though so I had to look in the javascript  file (cheaty cheaty) but my god that's so cool. Thanks Tom Payne, and of course, ICEKnight ^^

#12 User is offline Wetflame 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:14 AM

  • :D
  • Posts: 1718
  • Joined: 22-March 04
  • Gender:Female
  • Wiki edits:3
Well, we now know Naka did a lot more than just programming then.
Good work, but I'd like to see the Tom Payne interview =P

#13 User is offline LOst 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

  • Posts: 4886
  • Joined: 10-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2

Wetflame, on Sep 23 2004, 04:14 PM, said:

Well, we now know Naka did a lot more than just programming then.
Good work, but I'd like to see the Tom Payne interview =P

Even if Naka was hard (like I'm hard at Wetflame) it pays off.

And I want to se the Tom Payne interview too, but there is a reason ICEknight haven't showed it to us yet, so we better wait to the right time.

#14 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:48 AM

  • Posts: 10340
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Wiki edits:18

LOst, on Sep 23 2004, 10:09 AM, said:

And I want to se the Tom Payne interview too, but there is a reason ICEknight haven't showed it to us yet, so we better wait to the right time.

The interview is still in progress and might take some time (just like any other interview), so you guys can post your questions here and I'll see what can I do. Also, if you have any other questions for Mr. Skelly (not necessarily Sonic 2 related) I'll gladly send them to him. :(

#15 User is offline Lostgame 

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:51 PM

  • 'There are feathers everywhere, but it's fine...'
  • Posts: 3996
  • Joined: 02-December 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON
  • Project:the love orchestra
  • Wiki edits:2
The secret to genocide city! Horray!!

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users