Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project v1.0 Available - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 23 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project v1.0 Available Sonic Unleashed stages in Sonic Generations PC, at 60 FPS

#16 User is offline woun 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

• Change your world
That's awesome! We write about it on Sonic Scene for Japanese people.
This post has been edited by woun: 20 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

#17 User is offline Joe T.E. 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

• All life form data, successfully copied!
  • Project:Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
I've been having fun so far. Since I never played Unleashed (I only played Unwiished,) the stages were pretty tough to get used to (except for the Tutorial level and Dragon Road, since I've played them in the demos. :D )
Things were a bit laggy, even with the low-end mod, but that's only because my PC isn't even capable of running the game at full speed at resolutions higher than 720x480.

At this point, I've beaten all 9 stages as Modern. I haven't gotten any S-Ranks yet, and I don't have all of the Red Star Rings yet.
Soon, I'll be trying to re-complete the stages to get the S-Ranks and Red Star Rings.

P.S. -
Spoiler

View PostAzu, on 20 March 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I fell out the world in Rooftop run. It was using the Metal Sonic mod. I'm not sure if Neo Metal Sonic's speed is much faster than Super Sonic, but I want to say yes.

I didn't make any alterations to the physics in Metal Sonic Generations (The only changes were the altered ring-loss ratio, and fixes for the item skills.)
At the very least, he's definitely nowhere near as fast as Hyper Sonic.

#18 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
Hey Destructoid loves you guys

http://www.destructo...ea-249163.phtml

I do too. Can't wait to try this whole thing out. Also the HUB world looks sick.

#19 User is offline Chris Highwind 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

• Don't fuck with Luigi
  • Project:Slacking
  • Wiki edits:13
>Story by Jim Sterling

That's...kinda shocking.

#20 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Is there a way we could have it as a zip file? Torrents are notorious for taking weeks for it to download, and at the moment it says it'll take 4-9 weeks to complete (or more)!

Better yet, it's a shame it can't be downloaded via Steam itself.

#21 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
We'll add any mirrors if you want, but at the moment I'm out of hosting solutions. The torrent seems really healthy though to me, but I understand some ISPs throttle P2P.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 20 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

#22 User is offline Infiniti 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

• ↑ & ↓ & ↻
I thought there might be a prize for finding thisWentos guy, but as I was coming here to post I noticed P3DR0 found him in Cool Edge. So I feel cheated somehow XD
Anyway I got through all the stages (at last). The amount of water running annoyed the hell out of me but I guess that's normal for Unleashed.
Also, quick question, Is the first stage playable as Classic Sonic? Near the start there's a spring, in the middle of a ditch that I can't reach by jumping. Maybe I just suck I dunno...

#23 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Why not upload it to a site like http://www.yourfilelink.com/ (at least, perhaps temporarily) until we get plenty of torrents going?

#24 User is offline Tiller 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

• Project:HDK & World Runner
Huh. Maybe I never noticed before, but is there a reason the white world looks worse AA wise than in stage?

Anyway this has been fantastic. You guys really outdid yourself in some of the added content like the costumes on the eggpawns and the red rings. The Rankings are much less forgiving and its great to have challenge to S rank again. You can't just avoid dying and move at a pace a little faster than a snail to grab a high rank anymore. I've gotten my first D after trying to explore Jungle Joyride and ending in many deaths. Good thing the lives are handed out like candy.

#25 User is offline Ell678 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

• Am I Annoying You?
  • Project:Sonic Incursion
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostDario FF, on 20 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Oh yeah... looking forward to your shots. :D That is unless the FOV hack doesn't work anymore for multiple screens.

I didn't try it on Surround before, but I booted it up and took some extra large shots for you! On three monitors the performance was hit bad, but I was still getting around 30fps, which is of course close the console version. I have another 80 or so shots, but Steam is being really finicky about uploading them, they'l appear soon as.

#26 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
Holy shit my computer cannot handle the Jungle bit of Jungle Joyride. Besides that, good work - I'm really impressed how professional this feels. The hub especially is great, and I just about lost it when I saw the Ice Cream man at the skill shop.

Small issues:

• Scoring's a bit strict. I ran in to this a bit with the Dragon Road demo, too - I'd accomplish what felt like to me a "perfect run" and only get like, an A or even a B Rank. I've memorized these stages front to back and can still S-Rank everything on the Xbox 360 version, but those requirements are quite a bit steeper here.
  • I feel like in general there are changes made to some levels just to make them very slightly harder (a couple more enemies in the docks section of Jungle Joyride at the start).
  • I understand it was probably a bitch to get it working as well as it does, but I really do not like the way the sled feels in Cool Edge. It feels specifically engineered to make me lose my rings and I cannot get a handle on it at all.
  • Ice also feels weird, but that's probably a porting limitation more than anything.
  • Understandably the parts I don't like are the parts that had to be interpreted rather than ported. I also feel like some important lightdash strings were missed, and in general I miss being able to lightdash everything. I do like some of it, though - I feel like Skyscraper Scamper was ported extremely well. I love dodging the cars, though some of them can be a little hard to see because of their colors.

#27 User is offline Falk 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

since no one has yet

FIGHT ME

(sub-2min is very possible)

edit: wtf link parsing

edit2:

wtf parax
This post has been edited by Falk: 20 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

#28 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostBlazeHedgehog, on 20 March 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Small issues:

• Scoring's a bit strict. I ran in to this a bit with the Dragon Road demo, too - I'd accomplish what felt like to me a "perfect run" and only get like, an A or even a B Rank. I've memorized these stages front to back and can still S-Rank everything on the Xbox 360 version, but those requirements are quite a bit steeper here.

• This is a fair point, the problem is the Generations ranking system is very simplistic compared to Unleashed, which would actually acknowledge all of your "cool" runs, so to speak. The ranking system is just based on 2 factors here, "Time" and a "100 Ring" bonus(which is 5000 points if I understand it correctly). The only variables to control it therefore is just two limits. One time value for S rank, and one for D rank.

So with this it was a matter of deciding whether to be lenient on the ranks and go for the default "optimal route", or go for pushing it to the limit of optimization and do speedrunning(with a 5 or so second window of course). I realize this might not be the best solution compared to the Unleashed's Rankings, but it's more of a limitation of the game if anything. In the end, I think people will get more replayability of trying to S-Rank these limits instead.

The rest of your assumptions are pretty accurate though. We've worked pretty much with limitations and some lucky engine left-overs (like ice physics!),
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 20 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

#29 User is offline Guess Who 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

• It's a miracle!
  • Project:lol
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostDario FF, on 20 March 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

So with this it was a matter of deciding whether to be lenient on the ranks and go for the default "optimal route", or go for pushing it to the limit of optimization and do speedrunning(with a 5 or so second window of course). I realize this might not be the best solution compared to the Unleashed's Rankings, but it's more of a limitation of the game if anything. In the end, I think people will get more replayability of trying to S-Rank these limits instead.

The problem, really, is that I don't think most people will replay these and get S-ranks, I think most people will play and play and never get S-ranks. I'm with Blaze, I know these stages pretty well, but I feel like unless I'm Kakipi or Paraxade I'm never S-ranking these things. I get an A-rank and see the huge jump in time required to get an S-rank and just go "nope, never pulling that off", even stages I S-ranked in the original game.

#30 User is offline 1stKirbyever 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

S-Ranking is indeed much harder in Generations than it is in Unleashed. I'm no Paraxade (I've done a couple runs here and there but I"m no where near as amazing as he is) and S-Ranking without skills just requires you to zoom through the stage with just enough rings. I literally have yet to get it where I get an S-Rank with just time alone. It's not impossible or insanely ungodly hard. It just really takes time.

• 23 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users