Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: High Quality GBA OSTs (Technically...) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

High Quality GBA OSTs (Technically...) All Sappy GBA ROMs, including Sonic Adv 1,2,3 & Battle

#31 User is offline Hendricks 266 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

• Wiki edits:58
This is excellent! Thanks!

May I request Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga?

Also, Tanks, your forum link for Yoshi Tilt & Tumble is malformed. There is a stray space in the middle of the URL.
This post has been edited by Hendricks 266: 22 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

#32 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Hey, it seems like, beside the voices and additional stuff, the songs in Wario Land 4 were composed using a standard MIDI sound font (they can be played in Windows Media Player and the instruments will be correctly picked).

Also, for some reason, song 708 seems to be a Game Boy rendition of the rhythm minigame's theme.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 22 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

#33 User is offline Tanks 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

• Wiki edits:1
Mario & Luigi: SSS does not use sappy for the main game. It only rips the Mario Bros. mini game music.

#34 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
Is there a way to turn these into MP3s?

#35 User is offline JaredAFX 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

• SonicManEXE
  • Project:Acquiring a taste for FREE FORM JAZZ
I cannot for the LIFE of me figure this out. First, I hit WIN+R to bring up run, then I type cmd to bring up the command line interface. From there, I type "C: gbaMusRiper\bin", which it accepts. Then, I type "java gbaMus.GBAMusRiper Mega-Man Battle Network 2.gba", and it gives me the message "Could not find the main class: gbaMus.GBAMusRiper. Program will exit." Is there something wrong with my Java? I've already extracted everything twice, and still no luck.

#36 User is offline Mr Lange 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

• A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys.
  • Project:Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture

View PostAerosolSP, on 22 September 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

First thing that comes to mind is using XMplay. Open its midi plugin settings and load the respective soundfont, then switch to the wav writer for audio output when you play the midi. Obviously you would just convert that to mp3 on your own.

#37 User is offline Hendricks 266 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

I sorted your MOTHER 3 set, named the songs, and posted it on Starmen.net. http://forum.starmen...mate-Music-Rip/

Thanks again for spreading the word on this and doing the work to extract the data.

Once you get them playing in foobar2000, just right click them and use the Convert feature.
This post has been edited by Hendricks 266: 23 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

#38 User is offline Shoemanbundy 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

• Project:selling shoes

View PostJaredAFX, on 22 September 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

I cannot for the LIFE of me figure this out. First, I hit WIN+R to bring up run, then I type cmd to bring up the command line interface. From there, I type "C: gbaMusRiper\bin", which it accepts. Then, I type "java gbaMus.GBAMusRiper Mega-Man Battle Network 2.gba", and it gives me the message "Could not find the main class: gbaMus.GBAMusRiper. Program will exit." Is there something wrong with my Java? I've already extracted everything twice, and still no luck.

I just gave using the program a shot and it was much simpler and faster than expected. What I did was just make a .bat file(in the bin directory) and wrote "java gbaMus.GBAMusRiper name_of_your_rom.gba" into it. Helps avoid having to go through directories and doing it all manually. Dunno if this will help if Java is your problem to begin with, but give it a shot maybe.
This post has been edited by Shoemanbundy: 23 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

#39 User is offline Tanks 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostHendricks 266, on 23 September 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

I sorted your MOTHER 3 set, named the songs, and posted it on Starmen.net. http://forum.starmen...mate-Music-Rip/

Thanks again for spreading the word on this and doing the work to extract the data.

Once you get them playing in foobar2000, just right click them and use the Convert feature.

Really happy to hear you're doing an MP3 set. I was actually planning to hit up those starmen boys to see if the midis had any issues, but it seems you've already verified that. :P

Anyway, I'm messing around in FL at this point, mostly with Game and Watch Gallery. Glad to see people are starting to figure the tool out. Maybe if it increases in popularity we can get some bugfixes.

#40 User is offline Hendricks 266 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

Unfortunately, the MP3s did not work out because they were still 3.5x bigger than I can deal with.

The MIDIs don't have any problems as far as rhythm; I have identified only a handful of possible pitch issues. I have noticed an oddity in the pitch in first second of the tracks Fate and Serious. (If you compare to the GSF, the second note sounds off.) One of the ending tracks, Curtain Call, has an instrument oddity where the siren comes though as a rather annoying noise.
This post has been edited by Hendricks 266: 23 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

#41 User is offline JaredAFX 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

• SonicManEXE
  • Project:Acquiring a taste for FREE FORM JAZZ

View PostShoemanbundy, on 23 September 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

View PostJaredAFX, on 22 September 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

I just gave using the program a shot and it was much simpler and faster than expected. What I did was just make a .bat file(in the bin directory) and wrote "java gbaMus.GBAMusRiper name_of_your_rom.gba" into it. Helps avoid having to go through directories and doing it all manually. Dunno if this will help if Java is your problem to begin with, but give it a shot maybe.

That still didn't work. It'd be really helpful if anyone here could upload footage of this working, preferably on YouTube. It'll happen eventually, I'm sure, but I just can't figure this out.

#42 User is offline Hendricks 266 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

I added links to MP3 and FLAC packs of the MOTHER 3 set (via BitTorrent) over on Starmen.net. Here's the link to the thread again so you don't have to search for it.

#43 User is offline Arique 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

• How do I Sonic?
Can I just say that this is the coolest thing ever? Especially because of the soundfonts. I can make Sonic Advance-style rearrangements now! :v:

#44 User is offline Mosqui 

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Am I led to believe that the higher quality sound from these midi files is what the music sounds like before the Gameboy Advance processes the music into an outputted form, via speaker or audio jack?
I've given some of them a listen and most of them sound higher quality in regards to samples and audio effects (such as Secret Base 1 from Sonic Advance which has an echo effect I've never heard before) and the drums are a lot clearer and cleaner.
I am also curious to know whether this occurs on all GBA models (such as the SP and the Micro) or whether it's a model exclusive problem.
This post has been edited by Mosqui: 24 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

#45 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

• Wiki edits:18
I believe that, sadly, it happens in all models, Game Boy Player and Virtual Console included.

EDIT: Also in emulators.

EDIT 2: Doesn't the SNES do the same kind of prior downsampling, albeit in a not-as-excessive way? I remember there being an old SPC player with an option to play the music in a similar quality (much better than in emulators).
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 24 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

• 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users