Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Project Recruitment Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Project Recruitment Thread Want to work on the Mobius Engine? Post here.

#31 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"

View PostSofox, on 28 November 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hey Kazeblade! Great to hear your interest, I was looking through your stuff (you might want to update your website link in your profile, your Tumblr doesn't exist anymore), and you've got some good stuff going on there. There's a lot of stuff left to be decided about the art direction we're taking with the game that the engine will first make(if you've any ideas or thoughts, please, feel free to give them), but one thing I can be sure that we'll need is a good HUD. If you could design a HUD with stuff like rings, timer and lives counter, it could really give a good impression. Feel free to try whatever you want with the HUD design.

One other thing: If you have any font recommendations for debug text or other sorts of text in a Sonic video game, please point us in the right direction. A good font can really improve the image of a project. Given the open source nature of the project, the font would have to be royalty free though (which I realise is quite a restriction, so no pressure).

Thanks :) Yeah, I forgot to update my link. Here's a link to my website so you can see some of the work I've done! gl-creativesolutions.com
As for fonts, I will definitely start looking for specific examples, but for now, I'd recommend some art deco-esque fonts to be consistent with the Classic Sonic aesthetic. I'll be a bit busy for the next couple of days, but I'll start working on some mock ups for HUDs :)
This post has been edited by TheKazeblade: 28 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

#32 User is offline Sofox 

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Awesome, thanks Kaze!

And yep, I found your site earlier. And thanks for the font suggestion.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users