Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Questions and Information Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 28 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

General Questions and Information Thread was More requests/B-Club, PSIV, and some game ID for now :/

#406 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

• NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev
  • Wiki edits:9
Incidentally, Non-Volatile Ram is a standard feature in every Atari Jaguar cartridge. Even games with no discernible reason to feature saves have them, and will usually at least save your options configurations until you reset using a similar button chord.

Funnily enough, there isn't enough RAM in the standard Jaguar cartridge to hold a park in Theme Park, so the Jaguar version of Theme Park features no saving at all lol.

#407 User is offline MastaSys 

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

• The nightmares? They never go away.
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostOverlord, on 06 March 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Luckily for you, I have the manual.

Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament manual said:

Non-Volatile Ram (NVR)
This game features a special memory chip called NVR which keeps information permanently. It should work for up to 100 years, which is long after any battery back-up memory system will have failed. The information shown in the Statistics screen is kept in the NVR. If you ever want to clear this memory you need to hold down the buttons A, B, C and START on the controllers plugged into Control 1 and Control 2, simultaneously, when you are on the main menu screen. (Its [sic] meant to be difficult so that you don't lose your valuable data accidentally!)

I tried to find an english manual online to no avail.
Thank you for the info, really! Everyone had random names and stats when i got the cartridge.
This post has been edited by MastaSys: 07 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

#408 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Don't know if these were out there before, but Giant Bomb has recorded some Sega PR VHS tapes that media outlets used to get:

They uploaded most of these quite some time ago but I've never seen them mentioned on here, so just posting them in case people here hadn't seen these yet. Not sure if Giant Bomb will upload stuff like this again for quite some time though, they already only upload VHS tapes once in a while and their video producer just left.

• 28 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users