Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SonLVL - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 45 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
    Locked
    Locked Forum

SonLVL Level Editor for S1, SCD, S2NA, S2, S3K, SKC, SCDPC - 11/15/2016

#631 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

  • Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Posts: 3976
  • Joined: 14-August 09
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339

View PostAndrew75, on 09 March 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Any plans to support the 510 beta for Sonic CD?

Define "support". Are you asking if all the data formats will be supported (if they aren't already), if I'm going to define a specific game type for it, or if I'm going to produce a set of INI files for the game (which would require a split disassembly)?
This post has been edited by MainMemory: 09 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

#632 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

  • Technical Artist
  • Posts: 1824
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects

View PostMainMemory, on 09 March 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostAndrew75, on 09 March 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Any plans to support the 510 beta for Sonic CD?

Define "support". Are you asking if all the data formats will be supported (if they aren't already), if I'm going to define a specific game type for it, or if I'm going to produce a set of INI files for the game (which would require a split disassembly)?

Yes to all of the above ! So that we can the open 510 levels in your editor to be viewed/edited. Also has a split disassembly already been done for the 510 beta ?
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 11 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

#633 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

  • Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Posts: 3976
  • Joined: 14-August 09
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Looking at the SCHG, the data formats appear to be identical to the final version, so there's part 1 covered; if they're identical to the final, there's no need to create a new game type that is identical to an existing one, so there's part 2 covered; I'm not aware of any Sonic CD 510 disassembly that has the level data split, so I cannot make a project file until that happens.

If you really want to see the levels, you can extract the data and write an ini to load it in SonLVL yourself.

#634 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

  • Technical Artist
  • Posts: 1824
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects

View PostMainMemory, on 11 March 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Looking at the SCHG, the data formats appear to be identical to the final version, so there's part 1 covered; if they're identical to the final, there's no need to create a new game type that is identical to an existing one, so there's part 2 covered; I'm not aware of any Sonic CD 510 disassembly that has the level data split, so I cannot make a project file until that happens.

If you really want to see the levels, you can extract the data and write an ini to load it in SonLVL yourself.

Wouldn't know where to start on making the ini. ( may try it some years later when I get done with AXSX, and renovating my house) Thanks for checking into this for me, least 1 and 2 are covered ehh? ! ( time constraints really suck, and we all have them ! )
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 11 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

#635 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

  • Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Posts: 3976
  • Joined: 14-August 09
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
I would recommend starting with looking at an existing INI, or this wiki page.

#636 User is offline Chainspike 

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

  • Stealing rings since 1994
  • Posts: 75
  • Joined: 22-February 17
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Death Egg Zone
  • Project:Sonic sprite animation?
Not sure if this is the right place, but I had a question regarding SonLVL. I was importing new level art into Angel Island zone 1 using SonLVL and I noticed if the chunks use over 16 colors they use palette line 0 automatically. Is there any way I can make the chunks that use over 16 colors use palette lines 2 & 3 instead of defaulting to 0?

#637 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

  • Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Posts: 3976
  • Joined: 14-August 09
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Usually you would do that by making the image use indexes 16-47 in its color palette.

#638 User is offline Chainspike 

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

  • Stealing rings since 1994
  • Posts: 75
  • Joined: 22-February 17
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Death Egg Zone
  • Project:Sonic sprite animation?

View PostMainMemory, on 09 June 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Usually you would do that by making the image use indexes 16-47 in its color palette.
How would I go about doing this?

#639 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

  • Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Posts: 3976
  • Joined: 14-August 09
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
That largely depends on your image editor.

I would be willing to add an option to change the starting palette for imports, but I'm not sure how that should be exposed.

#640 User is offline BSonirachi 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

  • Opa-Opa takes flight!
  • Posts: 135
  • Joined: 18-December 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Wiki edits:17
I was just updating SonLVL, and... Uh oh...

Posted Image

You'll want to look into this problem, MainMemory.

#641 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

  • Sentient Cash Register
  • Posts: 4099
  • Joined: 05-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The desert of nowhere, USA
  • Wiki edits:1
"Win32:Malware-gen"?

"Gen" here is short for "generic". In other words, that's a false positive, because avast is stupid and think it kinda looks like it might be a virus and are therefore assuming it is. Heuristics hooray!

#642 User is offline Natsumi 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

  • Miss Fox
  • Posts: 156
  • Joined: 08-February 12
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Otter's lap
  • Project:Being with my boyfriend
In fact, the reason why this happen, is one of the compression methods (Comper), its compressor seems to like creating false positives all over the place. I would not worry about it, and it in fact is known issue. I wonder if FW-KENSC version of Comper will actually also cause false positives... Also to just point out, before I uninstalled all AV from my comp, Avast was complaining about C code I wrote MYSELF, telling its Malware-gen lmao

#643 User is offline rata 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

  • Posts: 405
  • Joined: 11-January 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Argentina
  • Project:Trying to be useful somehow.

View PostChainspike, on 09 June 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

View PostMainMemory, on 09 June 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Usually you would do that by making the image use indexes 16-47 in its color palette.
How would I go about doing this?


Working with 256 colours image format allows you to do this:
Posted Image





This way I have the first 16 colours reserved (line 0); this sucker will stick to line 1, and in this case I have a custom palette in palette line 2. Line 3 is black as I didn't want to bother too much for another line. Be aware that some programs may try to optimize palette usage and may blend 2 identical colours unless you especificate that you don't want to. This gave me real headaches when importing bitmaps to fatilety.

#644 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

  • Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Posts: 3976
  • Joined: 14-August 09
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339

View PostNatsumi, on 20 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

In fact, the reason why this happen, is one of the compression methods (Comper), its compressor seems to like creating false positives all over the place. I would not worry about it, and it in fact is known issue. I wonder if FW-KENSC version of Comper will actually also cause false positives... Also to just point out, before I uninstalled all AV from my comp, Avast was complaining about C code I wrote MYSELF, telling its Malware-gen lmao

The C++ version did cause false positives, which is why I had it as a separate download. I thought maybe the C# version wouldn't be detected, but apparently it is, so I may have to find some way to separate it or just not bother with Comper support at all.
This post has been edited by MainMemory: 20 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

#645 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

  • Layin' the Wax and Spinnin' the Sounds
  • Posts: 662
  • Joined: 06-July 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Englandland
What makes you so sure it's still the Comper compressor?

  • 45 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users