Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Classic Heroes - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 145 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Classic Heroes Rise of the Chaotix (sorry, Mighty) - v0.10.008a out

#2161 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostBrainulator, on 15 March 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

View Postflamewing, on 13 March 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

I ended up deciding against it because I was still a turd it was too much work for too little benefit, and I decided to just keep fire shields off of it to avoid having to deal with the issue. Of course, if Blaze is ever added to SCH, the issue will come up again.
And I took up the spot of resident Sonic Retro turd later on Would it be too hard to just get rid of the code?

I'm pretty sure the issue flamewing is referring to is the logic behind having fire in a zone full of oil.

#2162 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

• Regular garden-variety user
  • Project:ideas I shouldn't let out

View PostDigitalDuck, on 16 March 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

I ended up deciding against it because I was still a turd it was too much work for too little benefit, and I decided to just keep fire shields off of it to avoid having to deal with the issue. Of course, if Blaze is ever added to SCH, the issue will come up again.
And I took up the spot of resident Sonic Retro turd later on Would it be too hard to just get rid of the code?

I'm pretty sure the issue flamewing is referring to is the logic behind having fire in a zone full of oil.
I see where you're coming from, but I was wondering if the code could be removed. Not that it matters if the shield won't appear anyway.

#2163 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostBrainulator, on 16 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I see where you're coming from, but I was wondering if the code could be removed. Not that it matters if the shield won't appear anyway.

I'm trying to say that the code probably never existed.

#2164 User is offline Jeffery Mewtamer 

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

Why would the zone having flame shields or playable Blaze necessitate making the oil in Oil Ocean react to fire? Would non-flammable oil be any more unrealistic than Marble and Hilltop zone having lava that only burns you on contact, multiple zones having apparently natural rock formations that form into loops and corkscrews Sonic can traverse, or any of the other fantastical elements that go into Sonic level design? Sure, fire turning a relatively minor level hazard into something far more dangerous sounds cool, and is appropriate for what is essentially the last "normal" level in the game, but how many people would even notice if fire was in the level, but the oil wasn't flammable?

#2165 User is offline rata 

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

• Project:Trying to be useful somehow.

View PostBrainulator, on 16 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostDigitalDuck, on 16 March 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Dude, you're getting it all wrong. There's not such thing as code that turns oil into flames on Sonic. It was an idea that to develop, it would require to do basically a whole new tileset, palettes and the actual code to activate the stage transition when flames touch some oil. The issue would be making it all happen, not getting rid of it because it doesn't actually exist.

View PostJeffery Mewtamer, on 17 March 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Why would the zone having flame shields or playable Blaze necessitate making the oil in Oil Ocean react to fire? Would non-flammable oil be any more unrealistic than Marble and Hilltop zone having lava that only burns you on contact, multiple zones having apparently natural rock formations that form into loops and corkscrews Sonic can traverse, or any of the other fantastical elements that go into Sonic level design? Sure, fire turning a relatively minor level hazard into something far more dangerous sounds cool, and is appropriate for what is essentially the last "normal" level in the game, but how many people would even notice if fire was in the level, but the oil wasn't flammable?

Which can be a reason why flamewing considers it too little benefit too. There are some thing that nobody pay attention to... until they happen. For example I would never have that idea, but now that he mentioned it, I'm dying for it.

#2166 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

• Regular garden-variety user
  • Project:ideas I shouldn't let out
Thanks for the info. Ah well, I'd blame it on a lack of clarification as to whether the code existed or not... but that would imply that we weren't talking about something that manifested as merely a concept not put from pen to paper.

Can I respond to the whole "other unnatural events won't pop up in our minds until someone else does something" by saying something about Thunder and Flame Shields being destroyed in water?

• 145 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users