Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Dust Hill description in an old magazine - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Dust Hill description in an old magazine with pics and all

#31 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:17 AM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10
And if that won't shut the idiots up, I don't know what will.

I think the reason they didn't have that level of analysis was they only looked at the level select image shown on the site (I certainly never had any copy of EGM, being only 4 or so at the time).

#32 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:19 AM

• wikiman
  • Project:thinking of a better member title
  • Wiki edits:20,569
:shocked:

What about the other things the magizine says? Any mention of Wood Zone in the Metropolis Description or Genocide City in the Chemical Plant Description? *Nuked*

#33 *SuperBlah*

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:18 PM

Quick Man, on Feb 3 2004, 11:17 AM, said:

And if that won't shut the idiots up, I don't know what will.

Oh so we are idiots for believing that there might be another answer to the Dust Hill Zone identity, even with proof proving one theory (DHZ was Mystic Cave Zone's origional name).

Yes loads of proof might be already presented, but that doesn't mean something new can emerge at all.
This post has been edited by SuperBlah: 03 February 2004 - 12:20 PM

#34 User is offline Hayate 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:18 PM

• Wiki edits:70
If it's true that Dust Hill was simply the old name for Mystic Caves, why did SEGA bother making the art seen in the mock-up of Dust Hill?

#35 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:46 PM

• Wiki edits:18

bobxp, on Feb 3 2004, 02:18 PM, said:

If it's true that Dust Hill was simply the old name for Mystic Caves, why did SEGA bother making the art seen in the mock-up of Dust Hill?

The magazines never said that desert pic was from a stage called "Dust Hill". We don't know its real name, or the name for the winter level.

As I mentioned before, the scan exposed in this topic is the only known magazine article ever mentioning Dust Hill along with a description and even pics of it. Everything else was just made up by some Sonic fan who possibly put it on his site as a fact and everybody assumed it was true.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 03 February 2004 - 02:51 PM

#36 User is offline Hayate 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:28 PM

• Wiki edits:70
Whoops, my bad :lol:

#37 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:51 PM

• The Sims 2, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik
  • Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
  • Wiki edits:5
Well anyway, I'm still going to call the desert level Dust Hill Zone ONLY because it sounds good [generally speaking]. However, in technical terms, DHZ will and will only refer to Mystic Caves Zone.

After all, calling that picture "the desert level" doesn't sound too enthusiastic.
This post has been edited by T.Q.: 03 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

#38 User is offline Kampfer 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:22 PM

I can finnaly make a conclusion: w00t!

Well, we have finnaly been able to untangle the mess named Dust Hill. There was no desert level. If there was, then it wasn't even close to started. It was a concept, an idea. All arrows finaly point that Dust Hill was Mystic Cave. The desert level never existed. Good job ICEknight

#39 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:22 PM

T.Q., on Feb 3 2004, 03:51 PM, said:

Well anyway, I'm still going to call the desert level Dust Hill Zone ONLY because it sounds good [generally speaking].

That makes no sense... It would be like calling the winter level "Sparkling Zone".

How old are you?

#40 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

Kampfer, on Feb 3 2004, 04:22 PM, said:

There was no desert level. If there was, then it wasn't even close to started. It was a concept, an idea.

We don't know for sure if the desert level itself was ever started... All we know is that the graphics were finished and that it's name wasn't Dust Hill.

#41 User is offline Kampfer 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

ICEknight, on Feb 3 2004, 03:25 PM, said:

Kampfer, on Feb 3 2004, 04:22 PM, said:

There was no desert level. If there was, then it wasn't even close to started. It was a concept, an idea.

We don't know for sure if the desert level itself was ever started... All we know is that the graphics were finished and that it's name wasn't Dust Hill.

That's right. Sorry, I forgot that...

#42 User is offline The MOPMASTER of the year 3000 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:55 PM

We need more info about alpha and beta versions of this game. Anyone speak Japanese?

#43 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:11 PM

• The Sims 2, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik
  • Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
  • Wiki edits:5

ICEknight, on Feb 3 2004, 04:22 PM, said:

T.Q., on Feb 3 2004, 03:51 PM, said:

Well anyway, I'm still going to call the desert level Dust Hill Zone ONLY because it sounds good [generally speaking].

That makes no sense... It would be like calling the winter level "Sparkling Zone".

How old are you?

Well if you have a problem with me calling the mock-up picture of THAT specific "desert level" Dust Hill Zone, then too bad.

I know it's not the name of the desert level. There's no name for it. But that's what I will refer the picture to if we talk in a general conversation and not in a technical way of speaking. Also for years, some people STILL think there's a level of DHZ made before our beta [I personality don't care at this moment because of this insult from ICEknight].

There's no name for the winter zone also. But there's no picture of it either, not even a mock-up. The Sparkling Zone has a picture shown with it's name on it and we know the "style" of the zone [as in it's design].

OFF TOPIC: Although if you're talking about the way I speak, then it might not be good.
This post has been edited by T.Q.: 03 February 2004 - 05:41 PM

#44 User is offline The MOPMASTER of the year 3000 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

We know that there were graphics for the desert level, and has anyone tried changing the pallete of the desert zone mock-up to look like the winter level? It's worth a shot.

#45 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:43 PM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10

T.Q., on Feb 3 2004, 08:51 PM, said:

After all, calling that picture "the desert level" doesn't sound too enthusiastic.

It's not enthusiasm that matters, but factualism.

The MOPMASTER of the year 3000, on Feb 3 2004, 10:42 PM, said:

We know that there were graphics for the desert level, and has anyone tried changing the pallete of the desert zone mock-up to look like the winter level? It's worth a shot.

The mock-up has been shot and rescanned. This in turn sends the palette to hell in a handcart. Don't try and edit the mock-up to prove a point.
This post has been edited by Quick Man: 03 February 2004 - 05:45 PM

• 8 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users