Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Simon, another problem solved ;) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Simon, another problem solved ;)

#1 User is offline Adamis 

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:43 PM

  • Gimme waffles!
  • Posts: 951
  • Joined: 16-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Project:Lammy and "Fafnir"
  • Wiki edits:53
I just saw this on your site:
Posted Image
and that you're wondering what is this:
Posted Image
well,let me say it's something useless because it's not in the game...
I have proofs:
http://membres.lycos...s/articles2.jpg
just check the Sonic 2 screens, they all have thesame green square!!
I think it's just a logo on the tv
;)

#2 User is offline Simon 

Posted 11 April 2003 - 09:43 PM

  • Posts: 1538
  • Joined: 17-December 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canadia
  • Wiki edits:1
Good finding, adamis. It does look like the same green square. The positions of it also exactly match (slightly above the life icon text).

This mystery has been around since the early days of Area 51, and we finally have the answer now.

Thx.

#3 User is offline Adamis 

Posted 12 April 2003 - 04:23 AM

  • Gimme waffles!
  • Posts: 951
  • Joined: 16-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Project:Lammy and "Fafnir"
  • Wiki edits:53
You're welcome, Simon ;)
Happy to have been helpfull ^^

#4 User is offline Meat Miracle 

Posted 12 April 2003 - 05:19 AM

  • Posts: 1634
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2
cool

Who said that every secret for S2B is solved anyway?

#5 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 12 April 2003 - 03:07 PM

  • Posts: 10272
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Wiki edits:18
I knew the quality in that Chemical Plant picture reminded me of something! If you go to the "Sonic 2 prototype #3" section in my site, there's a picture of Chemical Plant that shows Sonic in the same place and with the same rings and score, only 2 seconds earlier! 0_o

So those pics were taken from the same version and TV set. Do you have scans for the rest of the article?

#6 User is offline Adamis 

Posted 12 April 2003 - 04:43 PM

  • Gimme waffles!
  • Posts: 951
  • Joined: 16-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Project:Lammy and "Fafnir"
  • Wiki edits:53
I have to check it out!

#7 User is offline Adamis 

Posted 15 April 2003 - 12:08 PM

  • Gimme waffles!
  • Posts: 951
  • Joined: 16-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Project:Lammy and "Fafnir"
  • Wiki edits:53
I searched, but the rest of the article is no use, only telling what is Sonic 2...
but I found some pics of Sonic 1, but they don't seem unusual to me

#8 User is offline Schala 

Posted 15 April 2003 - 08:26 PM

  • ...
  • Posts: 143
  • Joined: 15-April 03
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:...
  • Project:Nothing atm
  • Wiki edits:92
I tried your site, adamis. Can't read belgian, or whatever language you speak out there.

#9 User is offline Adamis 

Posted 16 April 2003 - 10:56 AM

  • Gimme waffles!
  • Posts: 951
  • Joined: 16-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Project:Lammy and "Fafnir"
  • Wiki edits:53
I speak french...same language in Belgium and in France

#10 User is offline .hack//zero 

Posted 01 October 2003 - 10:37 PM

  • Posts: 2999
  • Joined: 23-April 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Learning more C++, Requiem of the Twilight(On hold)

adamis, on Apr 11 2003, 04:43 PM, said:

I just saw this on your site:
Posted Image
and that you're wondering what is this:
Posted Image
well,let me say it's something useless because it's not in the game...
I have proofs:
http://membres.lycos...s/articles2.jpg
just check the Sonic 2 screens, they all have thesame green square!!
I think it's just a logo on the tv
;)

I'm not sure if anyone has seen it before, but on that special stage pic were Tails name should be, it says Miles.
This post has been edited by asdffdsa: 01 October 2003 - 10:42 PM

#11 User is offline Simon 

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:37 PM

  • Posts: 1538
  • Joined: 17-December 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canadia
  • Wiki edits:1

asdffdsa, on Oct 1 2003, 11:37 PM, said:

I'm not sure if anyone has seen it before, but on that special stage pic were Tails name should be, it says Miles.

It says Miles if the system is Japanese. Same with Tails' icon in 1P.

#12 User is offline Fiz 

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:26 AM

  • FACKIN' BIG PENIS
  • Posts: 1985
  • Joined: 17-August 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:PENIS

asdffdsa, on Oct 1 2003, 10:37 PM, said:

adamis, on Apr 11 2003, 04:43 PM, said:

I just saw this on your site:
Posted Image
and that you're wondering what is this:
Posted Image
well,let me say it's something useless because it's not in the game...
I have proofs:
http://membres.lycos...s/articles2.jpg
just check the Sonic 2 screens, they all have thesame green square!!
I think it's just a logo on the tv
;)

I'm not sure if anyone has seen it before, but on that special stage pic were Tails name should be, it says Miles.

If I remember correctly, theres a picture of the special stage in the Sonic 2 english manual that has "Miles" instead of "Tails" as well, just like that one.

#13 User is offline XFox Prower 

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:46 AM

  • Posts: 1196
  • Joined: 30-August 03
  • Project:x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant

Fiz, on Oct 2 2003, 10:26 AM, said:

asdffdsa, on Oct 1 2003, 10:37 PM, said:

adamis, on Apr 11 2003, 04:43 PM, said:

I just saw this on your site:
Posted Image
and that you're wondering what is this:
Posted Image
well,let me say it's something useless because it's not in the game...
I have proofs:
http://membres.lycos...s/articles2.jpg
just check the Sonic 2 screens, they all have thesame green square!!
I think it's just a logo on the tv
;)

I'm not sure if anyone has seen it before, but on that special stage pic were Tails name should be, it says Miles.

If I remember correctly, theres a picture of the special stage in the Sonic 2 english manual that has "Miles" instead of "Tails" as well, just like that one.

Yes that is right. On page 17 of the Sonic 2 book Tails is in the special stage. And on page 7 the title screen pic is from Sonic 2 Beta, but it has a 1 player / 2 player choice! If you let Sonic 2 Beta play on its own it will show Emerald Hill being played 2 player in split screen. There must be a way to access this. But what we have for Sonic 2 Beta isn't as complete as the pictures in the book. Oh, and I don't have the book under my pillow or the pages memorized :D . But every Tails Fan would know it would be a dishonor to not know where exactly the Sonic 2 book were :lol:.

#14 User is offline DDRKhat 

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:39 AM

  • Keep on runnin' to the finish!
  • Posts: 1708
  • Joined: 29-August 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:On a computer, in front of a computer screen.

XFoxPrower, on Oct 3 2003, 08:46 AM, said:

Yes that is right. On page 17 of the Sonic 2 book Tails is in the special stage. And on page 7 the title screen pic is from Sonic 2 Beta, but it has a 1 player / 2 player choice! If you let Sonic 2 Beta play on its own it will show Emerald Hill being played 2 player in split screen. There must be a way to access this. But what we have for Sonic 2 Beta isn't as complete as the pictures in the book. Oh, and I don't have the book under my pillow or the pages memorized :D . But every Tails Fan would know it would be a dishonor to not know where exactly the Sonic 2 book were :lol:.

Erm XFoxPrower, split screen mode is easily accessable by sonic 2 beta that we have, all you got to do is go into level select and hold down your assigned B button untill the level starts, just make sure its a level without water or it'll be glitchy

#15 User is offline Fiz 

Posted 03 October 2003 - 10:38 AM

  • FACKIN' BIG PENIS
  • Posts: 1985
  • Joined: 17-August 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:PENIS

XFoxPrower, on Oct 3 2003, 02:46 AM, said:

Fiz, on Oct 2 2003, 10:26 AM, said:

asdffdsa, on Oct 1 2003, 10:37 PM, said:

adamis, on Apr 11 2003, 04:43 PM, said:

I just saw this on your site:
Posted Image
and that you're wondering what is this:
Posted Image
well,let me say it's something useless because it's not in the game...
I have proofs:
http://membres.lycos...s/articles2.jpg
just check the Sonic 2 screens, they all have thesame green square!!
I think it's just a logo on the tv
;)

I'm not sure if anyone has seen it before, but on that special stage pic were Tails name should be, it says Miles.

If I remember correctly, theres a picture of the special stage in the Sonic 2 english manual that has "Miles" instead of "Tails" as well, just like that one.

Yes that is right. On page 17 of the Sonic 2 book Tails is in the special stage. And on page 7 the title screen pic is from Sonic 2 Beta, but it has a 1 player / 2 player choice! If you let Sonic 2 Beta play on its own it will show Emerald Hill being played 2 player in split screen. There must be a way to access this. But what we have for Sonic 2 Beta isn't as complete as the pictures in the book. Oh, and I don't have the book under my pillow or the pages memorized :D . But every Tails Fan would know it would be a dishonor to not know where exactly the Sonic 2 book were :lol:.

Yeah, I think the picture on page 7 of the guide is discussed in Simon's site somewhere. It was concluded to be a newer beta, as it had the 1 player/ 2 player option on it. And as Foamy said, you can access two player in the beta by holding down B.

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users