Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Random Hack/Mini Project Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 48 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Random Hack/Mini Project Thread

#31 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

• Sonic Hacking Contest Organiser
  • Project:Sonic Hacking Contest
  • Wiki edits:2,193
"Sonic and Friends"
My submission for the hacking contest and like Penis Special Stage which I submitted in 2008, was created on the day before submissions ended.
I will warn you, this is NSFW and it's a joke hack. Regardless, enjoy! Thanks to Marc for his splash screen system that he made months ago.
This post has been edited by SOTI: 01 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

#32 User is offline Enzo Aquarius 

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

• 20% Cooler.
  • Project:Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
  • Wiki edits:519
QUOTE (SOTI @ Sep 1 2009, 05:13 PM)
"Sonic and Friends"
My submission for the hacking contest and like Penis Special Stage which I submitted in 2008, was created on the day before submissions ended.
I will warn you, this is NSFW and it's a joke hack. Regardless, enjoy! Thanks to Marc for his splash screen system that he made months ago.

Holy crap. psyduck.png I think that's a definite win for the Shadow Award.

#33 User is offline GT Koopa 

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

• Project:Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  • Wiki edits:6
Do you dare face the Terrible Totem?

#34 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
The biggest pisser about that boss is the floor. =P Took me 3 tries to finally kill the thing!

#35 User is offline GT Koopa 

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

LOL tips which you shouldn't read yet if you want to try it on your own first:
You can stand on the middle part of the totem and not get hit, unless you move of course. Since this is the danger zone of the original GHZ boss, first time players will naturally hide below it where they have no time to react to Robotnik's sudden change of habit. Hiding in the top part of the totem can get a free hit on robotnik as he comes back into the arena, however you need to get out fast as the wrecking ball will soon close in, dangerous if you accidently get knocked into there. The floor idea I surprisingly haven't seen from any released hacks to my knowledge, and I used a similar concept as a arena in my test hack linked above. I like the one I made here better, of course.

---
Anyway, here is the finished layout for the labyrinth zone edit above. It is a tiny bit old since I have already switched a few chunks around, but the path structure is still intact.

Anyway, I also figured out how to get rid of the Labyrinth Zone specific codes, including the water. However side effects include accidently deleting the boss load up code. Also, I am still having a problem with slopes, as 45 degrees plus horizontal = stuck and glitch through. Putting object blocks underneath just switches the problem in reverse. I would like to know how to fix THAT. Also having problems with switches. I figured out the whole numbering system and how setting the "door" with the same number activates the switch, but it has a wierd range, ie it can't be a certain distance away or else it won't work. Something which is bad since I made the whole layout already thinking the switches could be far away and still work. But what IS that range?

#36 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
My best guess would be that the door has to be loaded in RAM when you hit the switch. So 1 1/2, maybe 2 screens?

#37 User is offline nineko 

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
The glitch with 45° slopes has been fixed only in Sonic CD, afaik.

#38 User is offline FraGag 

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

• Project:an assembler
Sonic 1 with rotating monitors (I.e. the item a monitor gives you changes every so often, like in those prototype videos). Also, I actually implemented the Eggman monitor, for a bit of challenge :P . Also, if you have time, play through the whole game, and see if you miss a few power-ups you usually rely on (invincibility, super sneakers...) smile.png .

#39 User is offline The Prof 

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

• The Island Professor
  • Project:Sonic 1 Yarmar Edition
  • Wiki edits:4
Well done. It's surprisingly different to normal S1 even though very little was changed. I was actually just working on that so now I'll have to add a new twist to it.
This post has been edited by The Prof: 13 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

#40 User is offline GT Koopa 

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

Labyrinth Zone act 3 layout is finished and completable.

Get the updated rom here. Use level select to access it of course.

I urge you all to run through it, time attack it, etc. As an added exploration bonus, can you find and destroy all the 1up monitors?
There is a total of 4 1ups in the act. It is possible to get them all and still complete the act in under 10 minutes, so getting them all in one go is...well, "S ranking" the mission.

I will take what I learned from making this layout and expand and refine it for future hacks.

#41 User is offline Mr. Mash 

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

• All fanbases are awful
  • Project:drawing
Entered GHZ; shat bricks.

#42 User is offline GT Koopa 

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

Yeah. I sorry about that. Still my test hack. There is a reason I want you to use level select. This old post of mine from not here explains everything.

WHAT IS THIS? Well since hacking Sonic 2 has been put on hold, I tried to learn the other programs, and this is the result.

The palette is not me going colorblind, it was a test to see if I could import the palette of the last level of the Genesis game Taz Escape From Mars. It worked. So yeah, I can do palettes now. Here's a comparison shot.

So yeah. Very old test of various hacking programs. I know how to make palettes appear correctly, including leaving the score and rings alone. The music was a "I am just glad there is sound coming out this time." I STILL want to know how to use xm4smps correctly, and the guides are...well...

#43 User is offline Malevolence 

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

• Wiki edits:12
So, the other day I was yet again pretty bored and had a neat-o idea, and here it is:

TADA

Focus on GHZ 1, MZ 1, and SYZ 1. I think you may think it is a neat concept, but tbh I got a little bored. Let me know what you think :D

#44 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

• Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
  • Project:Sonic ERaZor
  • Wiki edits:320
This is awesome! It's kinda sad that mappings are fucked up, but it still a nice idea. I would be glad if you are continuing this hack.

#45 User is offline Animemaster 

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

• Prison bitch!
  • Project:Sonic 1 Revelation
  • Wiki edits:35
This is so cool, I love the idea. Now this is an eggman in sonic 1!.

• 48 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users