Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Dear Retro - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Dear Retro

#91 User is offline Matwek 

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

View PostThe Shad, on May 6 2009, 04:17 PM, said:

putting it to Genesis specs at least gives us something to work with.

You have my vote on that.
Starting it as a hack gives strict guidlines that people can follow, which will drasticly cut back on all the bullshit of "Wouldn't it be amazing if we could do this?" or "I have an idea, -insert insane nonsence-".
Also with the level layouts handled like they would be in a hack, level designs can be more focused, put together properly, with designs for actual tiles to scale. Rather than doodles on a piece of paper.

Once thats done then maybe you can think about expanding upon the crazy ideas. And if it gets that far, then and only then think about moving beyond the limitations of the Genesis.

Pace yourselves, don't get carried away too soon.
This post has been edited by Matwek: 06 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

#92 User is offline Mr. Mash 

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

• All fanbases are awful
  • Project:drawing
  • Wiki edits:6
Posted Image
I don't know a huge amount about hacking or megadrive's restrictions, but would this kind of art be useable in a MD hack?
it's just because to me the mock-ups over in the level design thread look like they're perfectly fitting as the 'next step up' from the Megadrive titles, without going into 3D or vector graphics.

#93 User is offline Rolken 

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostTweaker, on May 6 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

What is the purpose of this topic? That is the question I want answered. Are we establishing new leadership? Are we canning the project? What exactly is going on? If I don't get any answers quick, I don't see any reason to continue this back and forth cocksmattering about a project that, so far, has not had the best track record by any means.

I'm not sure that forcing a rush to judgment is the best option for a project plagued by poor judgment.

Just sayin

#94 User is offline Dr. Mecha 

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

• Project:3d Models

View PostTweaker, on May 6 2009, 09:31 AM, said:

What is the purpose of this topic? That is the question I want answered. Are we establishing new leadership? Are we canning the project? What exactly is going on? If I don't get any answers quick, I don't see any reason to continue this back and forth cocksmattering about a project that, so far, has not had the best track record by any means.

Ask Chimpo, he started the topic in the first place.

#95 User is offline jman2050 

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

• Teh Sonik Haker
  • Wiki edits:4
I think limiting this to a simple Genesis hack would be a major waste, especially with the tools and talent available at our disposal.

#96 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

View PostRolken, on May 6 2009, 01:02 PM, said:

View PostTweaker, on May 6 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

I'm not sure that forcing a rush to judgment is the best option for a project plagued by poor judgment.

Just sayin

Are you saying that, instead, a massive amount of leadership-related bitching and off-topic tangents is what we should be aspiring to let flourish in this topic? Because that's exactly what it was before I decided to say something.

The fact of the matter is, there's been more than enough time to make some sort of solid judgement; instead, people decided to discuss nothing of actual pertinent significance. So if this project is to continue in any way, shape or form as a project hosted by this community, then it needs to make a decision. End-of. No more dicking around.

I'm locking this topic and starting a new one for the very discussion I want to take place. Let's get to it.

• 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users