Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic one betaa? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 32 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic one betaa? I thnk i have it

#31 User is offline LOst 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:05 AM

  • Posts: 4886
  • Joined: 10-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2

POIZON THE HEDGHOG, on Dec 31 2003, 04:59 PM, said:

LOst, on Dec 31 2003, 08:54 AM, said:

POIZON THE HEDGHOG, on Dec 31 2003, 04:51 PM, said:

LOst, on Dec 31 2003, 08:50 AM, said:

.hack//zero, on Dec 31 2003, 04:41 PM, said:

Eli White, on Dec 31 2003, 04:27 AM, said:

Here are pictures I took, is this a betaa? I think it is becuas I don't remember this in my old sonic 1 that I did have.

Could you take pics of the enemys is the level?

He has to draw them first. He only has two hoaxes, it seems.

why are you the worlds best hoax identifier??? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Proof means everything. Two pictures taken by a tv out card isn't proof, and not from Windows. He need to do better if I'm supposed to believe him.

EDIT: And who would call it Sonic one betaa?

probably either a typo, or to give it a rather elonged ending to the word. and when Eli uploads it, I've played enough gag games to know. until the rom's dumped, I'm on eli's side, and you can be on whomever's side you want to be. rite now it looks like you're on Simon's side

A typo he made twice. One in the title and one in his post.

I'm not at anyones side.

#32 User is offline POIZON THE HEDGEHOG 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:08 AM

  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 27-November 03
fine lost, have it you're way. I still think it is real, but I wish Eli'd upload it
EDIT: maybe he doesn't know how to spell "beta"
This post has been edited by POIZON THE HEDGHOG: 31 December 2003 - 09:10 AM

#33 User is offline Simon 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:09 AM

  • Posts: 1538
  • Joined: 17-December 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canadia
  • Wiki edits:1
This isn't gambling, you don't randomly pick a side and hope you're right. The point is to look at what's provided and deduce whether it's believable or not. Of course, it's also possible that we don't have enough info to draw a conclusion yet.

I know what's going on (real deal? LOst's secret plan? something else?) but I want you guys to think.

#34 User is offline POIZON THE HEDGEHOG 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:21 AM

  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 27-November 03

Simon, on Dec 31 2003, 09:09 AM, said:

This isn't gambling, you don't randomly pick a side and hope you're right. The point is to look at what's provided and deduce whether it's believable or not. Of course, it's also possible that we don't have enough info to draw a conclusion yet.

I know what's going on (real deal? LOst's secret plan? something else?) but I want you guys to think.

I just spent a while comparing the welcome screenshot with the "real", and everything matches up, 'cept the welcome sign. the welcome letters are too thick. but I think it's too early to draw a conclusion. If Eli can get us more screenshots (possibly a box scan) I think the case will be closed.

#35 *DarthDaz14*

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:24 AM

poizon, SHUT UP
are u really convinced by only 4 pictures in only a few posts? I mean this is the 31st December New Years Eve, a few years back sum1 thought he found a sonic 3 beta but it turned out he created it, so do urself a favour and shut up

#36 User is offline .hack//zero 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:26 AM

  • Posts: 2999
  • Joined: 23-April 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Learning more C++, Requiem of the Twilight(On hold)

POIZON THE HEDGHOG, on Dec 31 2003, 09:21 AM, said:

Simon, on Dec 31 2003, 09:09 AM, said:

This isn't gambling, you don't randomly pick a side and hope you're right. The point is to look at what's provided and deduce whether it's believable or not. Of course, it's also possible that we don't have enough info to draw a conclusion yet.

I know what's going on (real deal? LOst's secret plan? something else?) but I want you guys to think.

I just spent a while comparing the welcome screenshot with the "real", and everything matches up, 'cept the welcome sign. the welcome letters are too thick. but I think it's too early to draw a conclusion. If Eli can get us more screenshots (possibly a box scan) I think the case will be closed.

If he posts a pic of Splats, and some layout changes, then I will believe him.

#37 User is offline POIZON THE HEDGEHOG 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:26 AM

  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 27-November 03

DarthDaz14, on Dec 31 2003, 09:24 AM, said:

poizon, SHUT UP
are u really convinced by only 4 pictures in only a few posts? I mean this is the 31st December New Years Eve, a few years back sum1 thought he found a sonic 3 beta but it turned out he created it, so do urself a favour and shut up

do yourself a favor and SHAYDDAP too! :angry: (Please upload this eli, and get this war over with!!!)

#38 User is offline SupperTails66 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:30 AM

  • Posts: 1101
  • Joined: 16-August 03
  • Gender:Male
Okay, let's consider the facts:

1. The pictures appear to have been taken from a TV screen.

2. The pictures have very similar material compared to the first two pictures of this page.

3. In the "sign" picture, the sign says "WELCOME, SONIC [the?] HEDGEHOG". On the aforementioned page, it has kanji beneath the "WELCOME" sign.

4. There are no letter boxes.

Based on this, I can't come to a conclusion as to wether (misspelt) he's lying or not. I'll let other people consider this...

Also, more pictures would be good, as has been said before.
This post has been edited by SupperTails66: 31 December 2003 - 09:32 AM

#39 User is offline Chronix 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:33 AM

  • Posts: 435
  • Joined: 13-August 03
the only way this is going to be settled is if Eli White either sends new shots or uploads it. how do people know its a hoax. I don't know what to look for.

#40 User is offline strx10 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:16 AM

  • Posts: 51
  • Joined: 11-August 03
  • Gender:Male

Simon, on Dec 31 2003, 06:09 AM, said:

I want you guys to think.


*thinks back to begining of December*
Wait, could this be...

Its also a good possibility that its a hoax as well. How did score time and ring add up at the end of the level without being present during gameplay?
This post has been edited by strx10: 31 December 2003 - 12:24 PM

#41 User is offline PinkRose324 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:08 PM

  • *HIC* The Drunken Member *HIC*
  • Posts: 379
  • Joined: 26-December 03
guys... give him some space or else you'll be scaring him off like what the Sonic Zone (whatever it is called) peeps did with the guy who found the other sonic 1 beta.

#42 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:14 PM

  • The Sims 2, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik
  • Posts: 438
  • Joined: 28-August 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
  • Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
  • Wiki edits:5
I've been looking at the pictures from the Cult and here and here's what I think:

If the guy actually has this cartridge he talks about, then it could either be:
1. actual alpha
2. a little later than the above
3. hoax

The pictures from the Cult show the "Welcome" sign has it's welcome text fully covered from left to right, and on the bottom, the text is not covering the whole bottom orange line.

So these pictures could be:
1. actual alpha
2. earlier than the one on top; which would mean the one on top is a beta 1 or alpha 2.
3. fakes; mock-ups [after all, early screenshots from Sonic 2 were drawn by artists]

EDIT: and another thing; the score at the end...Where's the time? where's the rings? where is the SCORE on top of all things???
This post has been edited by T.Q.: 31 December 2003 - 12:30 PM

#43 *S0N1IK*

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:15 PM

She/he is right. I know I'm not one to preach, but I'm pretty curious to see what this guy has to hold for us. Let's wait and see.

#44 User is offline PinkRose324 

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:23 PM

  • *HIC* The Drunken Member *HIC*
  • Posts: 379
  • Joined: 26-December 03
this topic is getting VERY popular.....

anyways, do you guys think it is L0st's secret plan?

#45 *S0N1IK*

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:35 PM

Well, it could be an alpha..so the HUD display wasn't implemented yet. After all, Sonic 1 was the begining to all ideas, and the HUD was one of them.. just simply it wasn't put in yet or possibly the guy forgot to put it in if it is a hoax.

  • 32 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users