Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Special Stages - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Special Stages

#46 User is offline Afti 

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

• ORIGINAL MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:336
If you don't want to use his unrealistic speed from in-level sequences, give him a powersuit or something. He could definitely build one.

#47 User is offline Firion 

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

• Wiki edits:2
Hmm. I simply have one quick question. If the Special Stages are going to be Outrun based (Emerald Special Stages, I'm not sure if the ringpost bonus rounds are in or not :( ), is there going to be a certain sprite set for the characters when they are running along? Or are we going to do a mixture of the types?

Just my opinion, but I imagined a cross between the Sonic 2/3 three dimensional sprites with the animations and such of the Sonic CD special stage sprites. Simply put, we can use the 2/3 Sonic sprites as a baseline, and gradually alter them to our artstyle that Chimpo and the others have designed.

As for the special stages themselves, I believe there was an idea about the Big Ring showing up before the Minibosses. That would actually work quite nicely, as the minibosses could be set up as a 'Act 1.5' when you exit. (I cant find the link, but I KNOW someone said something similar to there being a warp gate or something that shot Sonic out of the special stage into the Boss Arena).

Anyway, that's just my opinion. As always, keep up the good work guys!

• 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users