Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Super Epic Story Book Time! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Super Epic Story Book Time! To give the kids who can't draw or compose music something to do

#31 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:I DONE MAKED GAMES.
  • Wiki edits:27
You know, it would be perfectly acceptable to make the fake grey instead of green -- it's a commonly used device in cartoons that the characters can't perceive a difference which is totally obvious to the viewer.

#32 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
After you get all the Super Emeralds in S3&K, the Master Emerald has a glow to it. How about the real emerald has that glow, while the fake is dull and doesn't shine or anything?

#33 User is offline Matwek 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

View PostJayextee, on Jan 29 2009, 02:17 AM, said:

You know, it would be perfectly acceptable to make the fake grey instead of green -- it's a commonly used device in cartoons that the characters can't perceive a difference which is totally obvious to the viewer.

I was thinking about this the other day.
I thought it might be better to right from the start show that its a fake. Have knuckles start in the emerald chamber with the Master emerald just out of shot, Nack apperes with what we think is the Master emerald and runs off with Knuckles following, then the screen scrolls back to the left where we see the origional still in place and robotnick rise up behind it laughing. So we know right from the start knuckles has been tricked.

Then maybe at the end for the first act Knuckles gets hold of the fake after beating the boss, it turns grey then breaks, he looks shocked and Nack starts laughing. Que shot of the island fortress rising and maybe a quick scene back in the emerald chamber where we see its be converted into a cockpit for the fortress with egg bros manning the controls.

#34 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostMatwek, on Jan 29 2009, 03:03 AM, said:

I thought it might be better to right from the start show that its a fake. Have knuckles start in the emerald chamber with the Master emerald just out of shot, Nack apperes with what we think is the Master emerald and runs off with Knuckles following, then the screen scrolls back to the left where we see the origional still in place and robotnick rise up behind it laughing. So we know right from the start knuckles has been tricked.

Then maybe at the end for the first act Knuckles gets hold of the fake after beating the boss, it turns grey then breaks, he looks shocked and Nack starts laughing. Que shot of the island fortress rising and maybe a quick scene back in the emerald chamber where we see its be converted into a cockpit for the fortress with egg bros manning the controls.
This is the best idea yet.

#35 User is offline PsychoSk8r 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:12 AM

• HighKnights
  • Project:30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
  • Wiki edits:19

View PostICEknight, on Jan 29 2009, 08:40 AM, said:

This is the best idea yet.

Definately.

#36 User is offline RamiroR 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

• Wiki edits:9

View Postfilmzombie, on Jan 28 2009, 10:48 AM, said:

Hmm...has anybody considered killing Robotnik off at the end this time?

OMG hahahah, great way to END Sonic's games xD

I think, it would be...great xD, though I don't know if Eggman could reappear, so I dunno, but I like the idea

#37 User is offline test-object 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

• By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea I had this effect on you.
  • Wiki edits:1
Robotnik will not die. Bowser didn't die, Ganondorf never died, Dr. Wily, King Dedede, King K. Rool,...
Don't use Shadow the Hedgehog as a template, this is Sonic Retro, after all.
This post has been edited by test-object: 29 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

#38 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91

View Posttest-object, on Jan 29 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

Robotnik will not die. Bowser didn't die, Ganondorf never died, Dr. Wily, King Dedede, King K. Rool,...

http://www.mariowiki.com/Bowser_Bones

Robo-robotnik, anyone?

#39 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak

View Posttest-object, on Jan 29 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

Twilight Princess, WindWaker, Legend of Zelda and Oracle of Ages/Seasons would like a word with you.

#40 User is offline test-object 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

• By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea I had this effect on you.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostmuteKi, on Jan 29 2009, 07:34 PM, said:

There's a difference between killing off and mutating a character. Bowser never DIED, he became undead.
I am in favor of making Robo-Robotnik though. I'd love to see him fall in the machine which transformed the many woodland creatures into Badniks.

#41 User is offline JakeyBoy 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

• Wiki edits:3
You could have a storyline where he makes clones of himself. Then one of them could fall into the machine thing. I love that idea.

#42 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
QUOTE (Jayextee @ Jan 29 2009, 02:17 AM) [post="273934"]Posted Image
I'm so sorry XD This just wouldn;t leave my head.

#43 User is offline OSM 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

• retro is for losers!
  • Project:Doing absolutely nothing
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostJayextee, on Jan 29 2009, 02:17 AM, said:

I was thinking about this the other day.

I LOVE this idea. Sounds absolutely perfect. :D

#44 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

• Has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

View Posttest-object, on Jan 29 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

View PostmuteKi, on Jan 29 2009, 07:34 PM, said:

There's a difference between killing off and mutating a character. Bowser never DIED, he became undead.
I am in favor of making Robo-Robotnik though. I'd love to see him fall in the machine which transformed the many woodland creatures into Badniks.

Beautiful, beautiful irony. Maybe, instead of him turning into robo-robotnik, this could just answer our questions about the giant motobug.

*runs*

#45 User is offline Ridiculum 

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

I'm not in favor of mutating robotnick or anything that could be considered pretty heavy on the story. S3&K probably had the most complicated story out of all the Mega Drive games, yet it still was pretty simple.

OP's idea is probably the most solid. All that really needs to be done is have to broken down into specifics.

• 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users