Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Super Epic Story Book Time! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Super Epic Story Book Time! To give the kids who can't draw or compose music something to do

#16 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

• DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Wiki edits:149
1. Robotnik wants the Chaos Emeralds.
2. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles prevents Robotnik from getting the Emeralds by going through each zone and destroying his army of Badniks.
3. Robotnik gets pissed and orders Nack to get rid of Sonic/Tails or Knuckles (Whoever you are playing as) so then that's when the Mini boss battle occurs.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Seriously, That's as complex as you need it.

#17 User is offline filmzombie 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

• The real spindash...
  • Project:Sonic Synthesis
Hmm...has anybody considered killing Robotnik off at the end this time?

As in, maybe he accidently robotisises himself and breaks apart before the explosion. There is no Sonic game yet tha boasts closure :psyduck:

...unless of course you plan to make a sequel to this...

#18 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

• Project:All the bitches.
  • Wiki edits:582

View Posttest-object, on Jan 28 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

View PostMatwek, on Jan 28 2009, 08:52 AM, said:

As much as I like the general idea of this story im not too keen on the fake Master Emerald thing, might be a bit confusing.

True, if that was the fake Master Emerald to begin with, how come Angel Island dropped in the first place?
Unless Nack HAS the real M.E. but used a fake one to lure Knuckles away from the island becauuuussee... Robotnik wanted to attach his base on it?How come the island floats again then?!

GOD, I'm thinking about it WAY too hard! :psyduck:

Eggman get's Nack to to trick Knuckles with a fake ME. While, Knuckles is chasing Nack, Eggman steals the real one, therefore the island falls. He attaches his base to it, and then puts the emerald back, and the island floats again.

#19 User is offline Matwek 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

View PostPolygon Jim, on Jan 28 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

View Posttest-object, on Jan 28 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

View PostMatwek, on Jan 28 2009, 08:52 AM, said:

As much as I like the general idea of this story im not too keen on the fake Master Emerald thing, might be a bit confusing.

True, if that was the fake Master Emerald to begin with, how come Angel Island dropped in the first place?
Unless Nack HAS the real M.E. but used a fake one to lure Knuckles away from the island becauuuussee... Robotnik wanted to attach his base on it?How come the island floats again then?!

GOD, I'm thinking about it WAY too hard! :psyduck:

Eggman get's Nack to to trick Knuckles with a fake ME. While, Knuckles is chasing Nack, Eggman steals the real one, therefore the island falls. He attaches his base to it, and then puts the emerald back, and the island floats again.

Its a simple enough story when written down, I was just thinking about how to go about showing that ingame without too many scenes where you have to cut from one location to the next to show whats going on.
The suggestion I made of Nack stealing the regular emeralds is reason enough for Knuckles to chase him but also avoids the hassle of having a scene where we have to explain that the Master Emerald was fake.

#20 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

• Has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

View Postfilmzombie, on Jan 28 2009, 07:48 AM, said:

There is no Sonic game yet tha boasts closure :psyduck:

That's why no sonic game yet has closure.

#21 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:I DONE MAKED GAMES.
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostPhoenix, on Jan 28 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

Sonic '06 boasts closure... on itself. Not entirely relevant, but establishing some "elseworld" vibe for P:SR might be.

#22 User is offline nineko 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251

View PostPhoenix, on Jan 28 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

"Shadow is dead"
"No wait he's not"

#23 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

• Has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

View Postnineko, on Jan 28 2009, 09:35 AM, said:

View PostPhoenix, on Jan 28 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

"Shadow is dead"
"No wait he's not"

I guess that counts as closure. But it reverses itself, so it really isn't. I'm confused again.
@Jay, Sonic 06 endings always annoy me, especially in games.

developers said:

Oh, yeah, we forgot to tell you, once you complete the game, everything you've done really hasn't happened, so you played for nothing!

This post has been edited by Phoenix: 28 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

#24 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

• Wiki edits:30
I never really completed Sonic 06, I was just happy with the ending when Sonic dies. It's the best part of the game.
This post has been edited by Krigo: 28 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

#25 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

• Rise and shine, ya sleepy layabouts.
  • Project:Staying woke
  • Wiki edits:36,091
Well, I was thinking of somehow integrating gameplay styles into the story in a way that would make sense.

If we use this basic storyline as a premise, what if:
- Sonic chases after Eggman (traditional platforming, busting badniks, speeding through levels)
- Tails investigates and fixes the shit Eggman fucks up (exploration, SCD-style "destroy the generator/solve a puzzle/blah blah blah" while platforming)
- Knuckles goes to beat the shit out of Nack (Similar playstyle to Sonic but with more emphasis on punching through walls/fighting bigger swarms of badniks, etc. I believe someone mentioned doing a sort of "rhino charge" with him, which I think would be appropriate)

#26 User is offline Vaiyt 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

• Oglio p'ru çeu

View Postfilmzombie, on Jan 28 2009, 10:48 AM, said:

Hmm...has anybody considered killing Robotnik off at the end this time?

Already done. In fucking Shadow The Hedgehog.

Not exactly the kind of thing we wish to replicate.

#27 User is offline Ell678 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

• Am I Annoying You?
  • Project:Sonic Incursion
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostScarred Sun, on Jan 28 2009, 08:17 PM, said:

Well, I was thinking of somehow integrating gameplay styles into the story in a way that would make sense.

- Sonic chases after Eggman (traditional platforming, busting badniks, speeding through levels)
- Tails investigates and fixes the shit Eggman fucks up (exploration, SCD-style "destroy the generator/solve a puzzle/blah blah blah" while platforming)
- Knuckles goes to beat the shit out of Nack (Similar playstyle to Sonic but with more emphasis on punching through walls/fighting bigger swarms of badniks, etc. I believe someone mentioned doing a sort of "rhino charge" with him, which I think would be appropriate)

To me, Knuckles suits the gameplay style you pointed out for Tails. As for Tails, I think him doing Sonic levels but being able to access different areas is a great idea. But then with the Knuckles gameplay, you would need to be careful to not let it get tedious if you are exploring and not make it so you get lost.

But then, why cant they all play similar anyway?

#28 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

View PostMatwek, on Jan 28 2009, 06:47 AM, said:

Its a simple enough story when written down, I was just thinking about how to go about showing that ingame without too many scenes where you have to cut from one location to the next to show whats going on.
The suggestion I made of Nack stealing the regular emeralds is reason enough for Knuckles to chase him but also avoids the hassle of having a scene where we have to explain that the Master Emerald was fake.

Write it down in the manual.

Or just break the fake ME. Problem solved.

#29 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

• Rise and shine, ya sleepy layabouts.
  • Project:Staying woke
  • Wiki edits:36,091

View PostEll678, on Jan 28 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

View PostScarred Sun, on Jan 28 2009, 08:17 PM, said:

To me, Knuckles suits the gameplay style you pointed out for Tails. As for Tails, I think him doing Sonic levels but being able to access different areas is a great idea. But then with the Knuckles gameplay, you would need to be careful to not let it get tedious if you are exploring and not make it so you get lost.

But then, why cant they all play similar anyway?

Well, that's exactly what I'm talking about—Tails obviously has access to paths that Sonic wouldn't, thus the need to explore those paths and do the whole SCD thing. You're only loading one level map, here. :psyduck:

My main thought on varied gameplay per character is that it would lend more of a replay value than necessarily just "a few alternate paths" per level. Besides, you could even make it so that once you complete Tails or Knuckles' style of gameplay you could use those characters in Sonic-style plain platforming.

#30 User is offline Phoebius 

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

• Coucou
  • Project:iOS Game

View PostChimpo, on Jan 28 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

View PostMatwek, on Jan 28 2009, 06:47 AM, said:

Write it down in the manual.

Or just break the fake ME. Problem solved.

Or we could just make it look... fake? like with some small details that would tell us but not knuckles.

• 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users