Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Overview - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 5 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Overview Oh dear, I've made quite a mess

#16 User is offline Kamon62 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

WHOA. That was a sudden change. I don't seriously think people were trying to stuff up the forums and be stupid. Everyone just had alot of ideas and we were all brainstorming at once. So now that the mess is done we can now bring in those ideas gradually. I think we should bring in one object/sprite/design in one at a time and only for one stage at a time until we have a full zone. No skipping any ideas, we work on one thing at a time the whole way through. And when a zone is done, we reveiw and see if anything else needs completion or editing. Alot faster this way. We also may need a thread for posting ideas. If they are accepted, they will go on the 'Ideas list' and will be addressed when the time is due. Who thinks this system could work?
This post has been edited by Kamon62: 21 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

#17 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

• Subhedgehog
  • Wiki edits:2
Watching this forum get ruthlessly stripped of all its content has filled me with a certain insurmountable joy

Just one thing, though: Since the city stage was the furthest along in development (And, you know, it was the only one I really liked, so), wouldn't it make more sense to start from there before moving on to the tropical zone? Unless your plan is to gauge everyone's ability to get things done on something that isn't already nearing completion, because that's cool, too.

#18 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
...it was? Seemed like the first level had a lot more progress made.

Incidentally can't help but think this was a bit too extreme.
This post has been edited by muteKi: 21 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

#19 User is offline Mad Echidna 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

• Gone
  • Wiki edits:4
So yeah, what exactly is the charter of this project now? It went from Sonic 4 to Sonic-4-is-a-stupid-name-but-we-are-off-to-a-good-start to just Project: Retro: now with no content. Maybe it should be renamed to "Disregard That We Suck Cocks" or something.

#20 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

• Subhedgehog

View PostmuteKi, on Jan 21 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

...it was?

It was. Trust me on this

#21 User is offline Blue Cheese 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

• Wiki edits:1
The city zone was just an upgraded level from the Game Gear.
Good riddance.

#22 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

• Subhedgehog
And the tropical zone is a rip of Palmtree Panic with some Isolated Isle thrown in for good measure, depending on which version you're going by. They both needed a creative overhaul; the city was just prettier to look at and actually had something in the way of a tileset going.
This post has been edited by Ritz: 21 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

#23 User is offline Phoebius 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

• Coucou
  • Project:iOS Game
Maybe you should dig in the old Sonic 4 forum that Qjimbo created, too. If it still exists.
Anyway, thanks for giving me a new hope for this project.

#24 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

• Adopt
QUOTE (Phoebius @ Jan 22 2009, 05:33 AM) [post="271128"]Posted Image

Looks like a tileset to me. :P

#25 User is offline Phoebius 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

• Coucou
  • Project:iOS Game
Damn, I still prefer that version of the tropical zone...

#26 User is offline BadCopNoDonut 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

• O RLY?
  • Project:Sonic D T
  • Wiki edits:3
About damn time this happened. Nothing could get done. There's a reason I seldom posted in the topics. Hell, half the ideas I put up that had concrete art, nobody even said anything about, it was just random bullshitting and too much clutter. Couldn't even get a response as to whether I should've kept going with a concept or abandoned it, so, I'm not about to do a bunch of shit that could all be for nothing! Crack that whip, Chimpo. Because its become clear that its what needs to be done if anything is to come of this. You're correct, in that any one of our skilled members could've had a level done by now.

#27 User is offline Shoemanbundy 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:24 AM

• Project:selling shoes
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostBlue Cheese, on Jan 21 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

Good riddance.

About time someone said it. And again, we've seen that tropical zone already. Old news, I still don't know why the hell that thing isn't being redone from scratch like it should be. Enough of redoing old stuff. Nothing from previous hacks, no remakes of gamegear games or sonic cd, how about something NEW?!

Going by Chimpo's leadership I'd think he'd notice this eventually. If you wanna talk about getting nowhere, the city level and tropical were prime suspects.

#28 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

• Adopt

View PostShoemanbundy, on Jan 22 2009, 08:24 AM, said:

View PostBlue Cheese, on Jan 21 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

Good riddance.

About time someone said it. And again, we've seen that tropical zone already. Old news, I still don't know why the hell that thing isn't being redone from scratch like it should be. Enough of redoing old stuff. Nothing from previous hacks, no remakes of gamegear games or sonic cd, how about something NEW?!

Going by Chimpo's leadership I'd think he'd notice this eventually. If you wanna talk about getting nowhere, the city level and tropical were prime suspects.

Again? You know that the only thing kept from my hack was the basic hexagon shape, and a couple of the clouds? I redid everything else from scratch....

Anyway, I don't care if it's used or not. I'm just offering up my work to be used in this project if wanted/needed.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 22 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

#29 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:36 AM

View PostTweaker, on Jan 21 2009, 06:29 PM, said:

I have a severe problem with the idea that posts may be deleted. Why can't you keep everything in one forum, close the old topics (or just close the topics that don't focus on the current plans), and only keep open the topics that reflect the project's current focus? Quite frankly, I'm going to be pretty pissed if a bunch of the feedback and ideas I contributed towards this project all ended up pointlessly made.

View PostChimpo, on Jan 21 2009, 04:30 PM, said:

Before any of you baaaw, the previous forum has not been deleted. It is safe and invisible from the rest of you while I dig through it to find the actual good suggestions and good work. All of the decent contributions like the Tropical Level artwork will be making their return shortly in a couple of hours as well as the character sprites and anything else I deem of value. Everything else will remain there until further notice.

GG Tweaker.

#30 User is offline Thundertimi 

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

• Project:Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
Yes! I almost lost my interest in this project, because mess and metalsonic shit.
Everyone, work hard with tropical zone :P

Nice job Chimpo!
This post has been edited by Thundertimi: 22 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

• 5 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users