Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Important Project Structure Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Important Project Structure Discussion

#46 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

  • DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Posts: 1251
  • Joined: 28-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK
  • Wiki edits:149

View PostRave, on Dec 1 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

I don't think we should limit graphics, programming and sound limitation to Genesis's capabilities. C'mon, we're doing a game for the PC, limitations will only cause more trouble among the development. However, about graphics, they don't need to follow a color or a pallette limitation, all that the pixel-artists need to have in mind is good sense. A sprite of a pallette of 40 different colors? Hell no.


Actually, I disagree, adding limitations to sprites created since it will set a style on how everything will look, this way, everything should all fit in the same style.

#47 User is offline Rokkan 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

  • Posts: 794
  • Joined: 07-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:4

View PostOllie, on Jan 19 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

View PostRave, on Dec 1 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

I don't think we should limit graphics, programming and sound limitation to Genesis's capabilities. C'mon, we're doing a game for the PC, limitations will only cause more trouble among the development. However, about graphics, they don't need to follow a color or a pallette limitation, all that the pixel-artists need to have in mind is good sense. A sprite of a pallette of 40 different colors? Hell no.


Actually, I disagree, adding limitations to sprites created since it will set a style on how everything will look, this way, everything should all fit in the same style.


Answering a post 1 month and a half older.
Really clever.
Chimpo already stated a limit, as far as I read, so there's no point arguing here.

#48 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

  • Subhedgehog
  • Posts: 3826
  • Joined: 01-January 06
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Glimmering Cornhole Zone
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostRave, on Jan 19 2009, 08:06 AM, said:

Answering a post 1 month and a half older.
Really clever.

There's a time limit on when we can respond to a post on Important Project Structure?

#49 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

  • DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Posts: 1251
  • Joined: 28-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK
  • Wiki edits:149
Shit, I never noticed the time of it, I swear it was a recent post, my bad, I was looking through each topic at college, so I was only flicking through, no need to be an ass about it. =P

#50 User is offline Rokkan 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

  • Posts: 794
  • Joined: 07-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:4

View PostRitz, on Jan 19 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

View PostRave, on Jan 19 2009, 08:06 AM, said:

Answering a post 1 month and a half older.
Really clever.

There's a time limit on when we can respond to a post on Important Project Structure?


To that post there is, if you read what was below those two lines.
But I love when people doesn't pay attention to the meaning of the whole message and just pick what's convenient for them to reply.

#51 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

  • DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Posts: 1251
  • Joined: 28-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK
  • Wiki edits:149

View PostRave, on Jan 19 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

the meaning of the whole message


:words:

#52 User is offline Rokkan 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

  • Posts: 794
  • Joined: 07-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:4

View PostOllie, on Jan 19 2009, 10:05 PM, said:

View PostRave, on Jan 19 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

the meaning of the whole message


:words:


Fuck, I laughed.
And yes, sorry for being an ass to you.

  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users