Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Title Cards/Fonts - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Title Cards/Fonts (Zone introduction, general game fonts)

#76 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View Postnineko, on Jan 7 2009, 03:32 AM, said:

View PostSolid SOAP, on Jan 7 2009, 04:30 AM, said:

View PostMatwek, on Jan 6 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

Could have different phrases depending on how well you did? Like a very basic unobtrusive grading system

I kind of like this idea. Perhaps if you get a below average score you will "pass" the stage, but if you do well enough you will "master" it. So instead of saying "Sonic Has Passed...." it could say "Sonic Has Mastered...."
And if you lose all your lives and rings, "Sonic barely managed to struggle through..."

Complete with alternate out-of-tune music, like Unleashed? =P

#77 User is offline synchronizer 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

• Wiki edits:19

View Postnineko, on Jan 6 2009, 10:32 PM, said:

And if you lose all your lives and rings, "Sonic barely managed to struggle through..."

Or "Sonic Barely Made It" Also, Unleashed-style out of tune music would be awesome. That kind of makes me wonder what Sonic's theme would be in this game. Sonic 1/2 style, or the Sonic 3 and Knuckles style used in today's games.
This post has been edited by synchronizer: 07 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

#78 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
  • Project:TBD
  • Wiki edits:4
QUOTE (Rave @ Jan 7 2009, 09:18 AM) [post="264501"]Posted Image
I still think this one's the best so far. Love the ring in the "Act 1" and the little phrase "Welcome to the Next Level"[/quote]
While we're at it, we can add what Mobiethan did with his title card.

Posted Image

It really looks cooler with a background behind it.

[EDIT] I just had an idea: once the title card's done playing, we could have the player character walk onscreen afterward. That hasn't been done before (other than in Megamix).
This post has been edited by Blue Emerald: 07 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

#79 User is offline Mobiethian 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

• Graphics Artist/Developer
  • Project:Sonic Mobius
  • Wiki edits:29
QUOTE (Blue Emerald @ Jan 7 2009, 10:56 PM) [post="264946"]Posted Image

It really looks cooler with a background behind it.

[EDIT] I just had an idea: once the title card's done playing, we could have the player character walk onscreen afterward. That hasn't been done before (other than in Megamix).[/quote]

Hey, I like that! Great idea. Is it most likely that we'll be using that title card design then? If so, I'm not going to make any more. LOL

#80 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

• Adopt
Wait...so you're not using the same resolution as the 16-bit games now...?
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 07 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

#81 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

View PostRika Chou, on Jan 7 2009, 11:12 PM, said:

Okay, I'm getting seriously annoyed with you coming in here and asking dumb questions like this. Every single image that has posted before this specific one and continues to be posted before this one uses 320x224, as did the original games. The mockup was simply to illustrate a point; I thought it was fairly obvious that, in the end, 320x224 will still be the intact resolution for the game. Not that hard to figure out.

I mean, honestly—did you see any discussion that implied otherwise? It's like you're subtlety trying to imply this project is going beyond some sort of artificial boundary into absurdity, and I don't like it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions like this, because it can be quite irritating.

#82 User is online nineko 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
I wouldn't mind too much if the resolution is changed to a full 320x240, without the black borders, but yeah, I support 320x224 as first choice.

#83 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

• Adopt

View PostTweaker, on Jan 8 2009, 05:23 AM, said:

View PostRika Chou, on Jan 7 2009, 11:12 PM, said:

Okay, I'm getting seriously annoyed with you coming in here and asking dumb questions like this. Every single image that has posted before this specific one and continues to be posted before this one uses 320x224, as did the original games. The mockup was simply to illustrate a point; I thought it was fairly obvious that, in the end, 320x224 will still be the intact resolution for the game. Not that hard to figure out.

I mean, honestly—did you see any discussion that implied otherwise? It's like you're subtlety trying to imply this project is going beyond some sort of artificial boundary into absurdity, and I don't like it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions like this, because it can be quite irritating.

I was just asking, Tweaker. I Asked earlier, before I left this project, and I don't think I ever got an answer.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 07 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

#84 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:59 AM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:I DONE MAKED GAMES.
  • Wiki edits:27
We are using the original resolution, but remember at this stage, these are only concepts -- artists are free to do roughs in whatever size they feel comfortable with, but should be aware that all final artwork should fit to 320x224.

• 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users