Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Bonus Stage - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Bonus Stage

#31 User is online muteKi 

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Probably too slow. If the bonus stages are to work like they did in Sonic 3/K then they should be fast and require little setup. Sonic should be moving almost all the time through them, too (slot machine stage be damned) as they are meant to be a diversion or break from normal gameplay as such.

#32 User is offline Sailu Baru 

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Do you remember the bonus stages of the first Sonic of Master System? It was exciting and pleasant: speed, time limit, pinball like and platform like ...
Something in that way would be rock and roll !

#33 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:26 AM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
I always had an idea from when I was working on my hack, that maybe the Special Stages environments could differ depending on what zone you entered it from.

Like a tropical theme special stage for the tropical zone...

Another idea I had was something like a mini doomsday zone. Where Sonic is riding on the tornado chasing after robotnik, after 4 hits he drops an emerald. Kinda like a fast paced Sky chase zone.

Kinda stupid ideas but I thought I would post them anyway...

#34 User is offline Sailu Baru 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

View PostRika Chou, on Jan 12 2009, 06:26 AM, said:

I always had an idea from when I was working on my hack, that maybe the Special Stages environments could differ depending on what zone you entered it from.

I really like this idea! In fact I was always a little bit disapointed to don't see that in the old sonic games.

#35 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

• let's don't forget about it
  • Project:Comic drawing, game designing, working, dying.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostSailu Baru, on Jan 12 2009, 04:18 AM, said:

View PostRika Chou, on Jan 12 2009, 06:26 AM, said:

I really like this idea! In fact I was always a little bit disapointed to don't see that in the old sonic games.

Sonic 3 came close. The special stage's color schemes matched the real level's color schemes, including one for Flying Battery.

Problem with making the special stages match the real levels is that we'd probably end up "locking" them together, like they are in the Advance series and Heroes.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users