Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Graphics - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Graphics (character sprites, gimmicks,etc... anything not related to levels)

#211 User is offline PC2 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

• GenMobile > 3DS
  • Project:Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
  • Wiki edits:422

View PostRika Chou, on Jan 15 2009, 03:33 PM, said:

I think it would work better if it was pre boss like the AIZ bomber than an actual boss....
This. Also, we should at least tweak him a little to make it look more detailed than the original Motobug or something.

#212 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

• DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Wiki edits:149
It's actually quite an awesome idea, it should be like what they did in the Adventure series, have a chase like 3/4 of the way through the first level.

#213 User is offline Hitaxas 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

• SEGA: Sorry Classic Sonic, we are sending you back to 1994
  • Project:Sonic: Super Deformed (head director) - Slowly working on it.
  • Wiki edits:196

View PostOllie, on Jan 15 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

It's actually quite an awesome idea, it should be like what they did in the Adventure series, have a chase like 3/4 of the way through the first level.

Hello people, didn't I already state: This would just be a reused idea. I've already added a giant motobug boss to SSD months ago.
This post has been edited by Hitaxas: 15 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

#214 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Posted Image

Of course it's a re-used idea!
This post has been edited by muteKi: 15 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

#215 User is online Chimpo 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

View PostICEknight, on Jan 15 2009, 07:05 AM, said:

Because that wouldn't fit with the boss themes of previous Sonics, which always tried to innovate. Making this a normal boss would scream fangame.

From what everyone has been suggesting so far, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a mid boss, not a real boss.

#216 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

• DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Wiki edits:149

View PostHitaxas, on Jan 15 2009, 09:41 PM, said:

View PostOllie, on Jan 15 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

Hello people, didn't I already state: This would just be a reused idea. I've already added a giant motobug boss to SSD months ago.

I can't find any screenshots of this. :S Also, who cares... EVERYONE has a Sonic 2 Spindash in Sonic 1 these days. Besides, it's not really a reused idea unless you have the exact same concept of Sonic being chased.

#217 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostPC2, on Jan 15 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

I think it would work better if it was pre boss like the AIZ bomber than an actual boss....
This. Also, we should at least tweak him a little to make it look more detailed than the original Motobug or something.
Hmm, perhaps the motobug could fall down the bridge as suggested, and Robotnik could get some of its pieces to assemble an original (and more challenging) mid-boss at the end of the act? :v:
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 15 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

#218 User is offline Blue Cheese 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

• Wiki edits:1
Ok, this is SO totally not an honest to God submission. This is just to illustrate the point.
Posted Image

Something really should be done to show that it's not just an up-scaled motobug. So how about some kind of big big diesel exhaust pipe belching out black smoke, mean eyebrows, spikes and maybe mounted rocket pods?
Not only would serve to differentiate from regular motobugs (aside from the size of course) but it would really look like it really would love nothing more than to freaking smear you across the ground.

Someone with better pixel pushing power should try it, my lack of skillz makes me weep.

#219 User is offline STHX 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

• SEGAAAAAAAAA?!?
  • Project:Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  • Wiki edits:31

View PostICEknight, on Jan 16 2009, 05:26 AM, said:

View PostPC2, on Jan 15 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

Hmm, perhaps the motobug could fall down the bridge as suggested, and Robotnik could get some of its pieces to assemble an original (and more challenging) mid-boss at the end of the act? :)

End of Act 1 - Mid-boss not related in any way to the Giant Motobug

End of Act 2 - Giant Motobug falls from above and starts to chase Sonic. This may or may not be a boss fight (depending if it falls in the bridge gap automatically or after a set amount of hits)

End of Act 3 - Giant Motobug rises from the sea, but since it is almost completely destroyed it breaks apart as soon as it stops. Then the face explode revealing Eggman, and the true boss fight starts. This Egg-Mobile may use the Motobug claws as a weapon (in the original the claws were too little to serve any purpose, but if they are 4 times bigger they could provide a challenge, and a boss like this never appeared so it won't be only a reused bigger enemy)

#220 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Eh, I'd rather see the motobug parts get re-used as the majority of Nack's final weapon. I mean, it plays right into my suggestion that Nack's final weapon be an insane mashup of parts from previous mini-bosses. Having the motobug at the end of two acts in a row strikes me as a bit too much.

#221 User is offline STHX 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

• SEGAAAAAAAAA?!?
  • Project:Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  • Wiki edits:31
Ehm... No:

View PostSTHX, on Jan 16 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

End of Act 3 - Giant Motobug rises from the sea, but since it is almost completely destroyed it breaks apart as soon as it stops. Then the face explode revealing Eggman, and the true boss fight starts. This Egg-Mobile may use the Motobug claws as a weapon (in the original the claws were too little to serve any purpose, but if they are 4 times bigger they could provide a challenge, and a boss like this never appeared so it won't be only a reused bigger enemy)

The Giant Motobug doesn't do anything in Act 3, and is only an intro for the true boss, which is not the Motobug.
The Motobug appears, it breaks apart and the first boss emerges from its remnants. The only link to that Motobug could be its claws, which can be reused as the Egg-Mobile weapon.

#222 User is offline Blue Cheese 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

• Wiki edits:1
The giant moto could also just be a random attack. He doesnt have reappear ever again or even be considered a boss in anyway.

#223 User is offline Matwek 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

Best idea is to just to treat it like the AIZ airship bombing run and nothing else

#224 User is offline fifthelephant 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Blue Cheese @ Jan 16 2009, 04:52 AM) [post="268486"]Posted Image

Something really should be done to show that it's not just an up-scaled motobug. So how about some kind of big big diesel exhaust pipe belching out black smoke, mean eyebrows, spikes and maybe mounted rocket pods?
Not only would serve to differentiate from regular motobugs (aside from the size of course) but it would really look like it really would love nothing more than to freaking smear you across the ground.

Someone with better pixel pushing power should try it, my lack of skillz makes me weep.[/quote]
Wow, I love the suggestion! Absolutely killer!

#225 User is online Chimpo 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

Motobug should remain a mid-boss or something for Nack to pilot. The suggestion made by Phoebius was pretty cool bros, but the actual Motobug wouldn't make an exciting end stage boss.

• 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users