Massive thanks to Deep Silver.
Persona General Persona 5 out now everywhere
Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:57 AM
Unless you know, you know Japanese or are so hardcore you'll play it without know what's going on.
Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:37 PM
Most of the music seems to be straight from the original games, but the SMT: if… track is a hard-rockin' remix of the PSX-version-exclusive "Nemesis" (later also used for the Amala Network Battle theme in SMT3 Nocturne), and it is lovely.
Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:19 AM
- Xander Mobus as the protagonist
- Cassandra Morris as Morgana
- Max Mittelman as Ryuji Sakamoto
- Erika Harlacher as Ann Takamaki
- Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
- Cherami Leigh as Makoto Niijima
- Erica Lindbeck as Futaba Sakura
- Xanthe Huynh as Haru Okumura
- Robbie Daymond as Goro Akechi
Smash Bros. 4 announcer as the protagonist is perfect casting.
Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:10 PM
Not happy, I couldn't give a rats butt about Japanese audio, I hope it's not being delayed for that, if it's being delayed for that and it's also DLC, someone needs a punch. Release the main game first and they pump out that JP audio in April for the people that just like the sound of Japanese, but can't be bothered to learn it properly.
I'm grouchy, I booked a week of work for this >=T
Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:35 AM
+ It was already seen in the trailers, but the style and presentation is amazing.
+ The first dungeon at least already is a lot nicer than any of Persona 3 or 4's dungeons imo.
+ Tonally it feels more than different enough from both Persona 3 and 4. Some interesting themes going on for sure.
+ The characters are all pretty good so far
+- English voice acting felt hit or miss at first, but I eventually got used to all of the voices, at least so far. If you don't like the English voices then you can always switch to the Japanese voices anyway.
- The English writing can feel more like an awkward fan translation than like something handled by a good localization team at times. (EDIT: Some examples of what I'm talking about here) Generally while it's not terrible, it's far from Atlus USA's best localization work. It's not as good as, say, Persona 4's or Yakuza 0's localization.
- Dancing All Night confirmed canon
Also: if you're one of those people who complains about video games getting political, you might want to skip this one.