Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SEGA Forever: Sonic The Hedgehog CD (iOS/Android) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

SEGA Forever: Sonic The Hedgehog CD (iOS/Android) Sonic CD has joined the SEGA Forever brand

#16 User is offline RibShark 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Redeemed the code "5JH0L3UFJK4JQXDNC92BESS". Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Found another issue; you can't advance past the first page on the instructions. Running Android O (Custom ROM) on a Moto G5S Plus.
This post has been edited by RibShark: 02 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

#17 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

Does the app produce a black screen on BlueStacks for anyone else? The audio and input work, but there's no image.
This post has been edited by Blue Spikeball: 02 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

#18 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!
I used code YY9DHX0ZN4D1AUVZCCGEESP. Thanks, caffeinedreamer.

#19 User is offline Felik 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

• Wiki edits:1
You're the best, caffeinedreamer!
Redeemed this code "02TTUCS2SLW7C45WC90CG42". Thanks!

By the way, every game I install recently is asking to also install Google Play. Is there are any benefit doing that other than making that annoying screen go away for good?
This post has been edited by Felik: 02 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

#20 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

Android user here. There's no option to redeem a code when I chose to purchase the ad-free version in my game, there's only an option to add a credit or debit card. So these codes can't be redeemed unless you have a credit/debit card added to your account?

#21 User is offline Felik 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

View PostBlue Spikeball, on 02 February 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Android user here. There's no option to redeem a code when I chose to purchase the ad-free version in my game, there's only an option to add a credit or debit card. So these codes can't be redeemed unless you have a credit/debit card added to your account?

Go to PlayMarket and press the menu button at the top left. You will find the line "enter promo code"

#22 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
I used (or tried to use?) AD466JC07U3TF203GNLXFYE. The code doesn't seem to work right; now I still have ads, but I can't buy ad free or redeem a code anymore. Every time I click "BUY for #1.99" it says "Payment restored" but the ads are still there.

It may be related to the fact the game crashed when I first used the code.
This post has been edited by Covarr: 02 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

#23 User is offline Blue Spikeball 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

View PostFelik, on 02 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostBlue Spikeball, on 02 February 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Go to PlayMarket and press the menu button at the top left. You will find the line "enter promo code"

Thank you, worked for me. The code I used was:

Z1RB3ST4LX62MHS03ZMQM92

Thanks, caffeinedreamer.
This post has been edited by Blue Spikeball: 02 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

#24 User is offline RibShark 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

View PostCovarr, on 02 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

I used (or tried to use?) AD466JC07U3TF203GNLXFYE. The code doesn't seem to work right; now I still have ads, but I can't buy ad free or redeem a code anymore. Every time I click "BUY for #1.99" it says "Payment restored" but the ads are still there.

It may be related to the fact the game crashed when I first used the code.

No crash here, but I'm having the same problem.

#25 User is offline KingOfBunnies 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Are all the android codes taken? Because it seems like they are.
This post has been edited by KingOfBunnies: 02 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

#26 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostKingOfBunnies, on 02 February 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Are all the android codes taken? Because it seems like they are.
Aren't these topics visible without even being a forum member? They could have been taken by anyone in the world with an internet connection.

#27 User is offline .Luke 

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

It would have been best to post the promotional codes in the Members only section of the forum, I agree. Not it matters, I didn't care to try and redeem one myself; for some reason, I tend to feel guilty if I got a giveaway code that could have went to someone else.

Also, I tried the ad-supported version to see what it was like, and why is there a forced online check-in with this app? This feature seems, to me, at odds with the whole point of a single player game being mobile. What good is buying a game a third time to play it away from the house, and then it stops working when you're inside a coverage deadspot? (Especially in rural areas.) I'm seriously disappointed how much this game is shackled down, simply to please the very loud, vocal "I refuse to pay even the price of a vending machine snack for games I love." crowd on mobile platforms.

That first impression was worrying. Does this go away for paid players? I don't want to have to refund the game a second time to find out myself. I would feel pretty bad about it. :(
This post has been edited by .Luke: 07 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

#28 User is offline Tadashi 

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:04 AM

• 3fast5u
Surprised to see the Android Police write-up not being posted here yet. Here's a bit from the end of their review:

Honestly, I find it mind boggling that Sega is so consistent with their anti-consumer practices. Normally when a company rebrands its products they try to do better than they were previously, but Sega, man, they have gone in a whole other direction. It makes me so sad to see such great games ruined by the incompetence of this company, and there appears to be no relief in sight. If you absolutely have to play Sonic CD on Android I suppose Sonic CD Classic will do, but I strongly encourage you to head my warning that giving Sega any money for their Android products is a horrible idea. History shows Sega does not care in the slightest about what you have paid for and will inevitably try to re-sell you their games as many times as they possibly can.

#29 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:35 AM

• Wiki edits:6
That summary is depressingly on-point. There's absolutely no reason why anyone would want to upgrade to the SEGA Forever programme when perfectly good versions of the games existed before.

#30 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostTadashi, on 08 February 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

Surprised to see the Android Police write-up not being posted here yet.

Sega has consistently pulled their premium games from the store in order to resell them. Crazy Taxi Classic, Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Classic, Sonic the Hedgehog Classic, Virtua Tennis Challenge, and Sonic CD were all premium games sold to thousands of people that have all been pulled from the store so that they could be re-released as a Forever titles and re-sold yet again. My qualms with how Sonic CD was pulled for buggy code is just icing on the cake. Sega is literally trying to sell a bug fix as a new release.
Agreed.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users