don't click here

Stuff I've gotten from the Sonic 3 music team.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dissident93, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It's nice to get one or two useful bits of information, but it would be far better to conduct a proper, well-thought out interview and have someone get this stuff done on behalf of Sonic Retro. Maybe even get someone to meet these guys face to face, rather than have a procession of random internet users stalking them on facebook or whatever. Then you could buy them a drink or something.

The digital age means these people are easy to find and contact, but that's not an excuse to find and contact them. Not everyone wants that noise.

2. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    The main reason for the "Don't bug them" is that it gets only small snippets of data and wears the people in question out quickly, often permanently.

On the other hand, had proper interviews been scheduled, we would have gotten 10x the information, while ensuring we also asked the people about whatever it is they care about most rather than going "Sonic Sonic SONICCCCC" and making them more likely to answer other interviews in the future.

3. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I have stated publicly in the past not to do this, largely for the reasons Metal Man and Katzu Niku outlined, so don't do it. We're happy to talk to the people we know (including people who —gasp— aren't on the record and prefer not to be) but it needs to be coordinated and not ten million fans just being annoying.

Now, I'm going to close this, and this is a final warning for anyone else who think they cute and gonna just talk to devs:you ain't cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.