Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 459 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread Latest Update: Main Site Updated (CSZ)

#3661 User is offline Diablohead 

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

• Indie dev
  • Project:games
  • Wiki edits:16
Just a thought.

Sonic 4 was planned to be released this june/july before any delays, right? well it's the xbla summer of arcade starting this wednesday and it makes me wonder, either Sonic 4 was going to be one of the summer releases or it was coming out the same day as another highly advertised (on the 360 itself) summer arcade game, it would clash rather bad.

Sometimes I wonder if the delay really was for the fans.

#3662 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

• Wiki edits:6
No, from what I've heard it was undeniably because of the leaks. For the fans? That's somewhat debatable and we can judge it on how the game has changed come the final release, but it was delayed because of the leaks.

#3663 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

• Project:Atomic Sonic Part II

I really wish the people responsible for these de-rails would re-read their post and do some research about what they were talking about, I really wish you did.

Last warning. If you post about something other than Sonic 4, you're out for a month. If you see someone post something that is clearly off topic, don't reply to it, ignore it, or you're out for 2 months.

You're all terrible people.

If you reply to this you will get 3 months.

#3664 User is offline glem3 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

There's a new Ken Balough interview here:

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/07/19/in-inte...-will-be-fixed/
He says they're going to fix the running animation.

#3665 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
I notice he doesn't rule out that post-genesis characters being in later episodes. sad.png

And no, this is not the game I've been waiting 16 years for. He acts that just because it's called "SONIC 4!!!", is why everyone should be excited.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 19 July 2010 - 01:11 AM

#3666 User is offline glem3 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Rika Chou @ Jul 19 2010, 02:07 AM)
I notice he doesn't rule out that post-genesis characters being in later episodes. sad.png

And no, this is not the game I've been waiting 16 years for. He acts that just because it's called "SONIC 4!!!", is why everyone should be excited.

To be fair, many people have been asking for a new 2D sonic game that continues the classics. Everyone seems to be saying they never wanted that now, but I heard lots of people talking about it just before when Sonic Unleashed and Black Knight were released. And don't forget, a certain website tried to create a sonic 4...

And what he said about post-genesis characters sounds like he was trying to say they WON'T be in it. When IRATE asks, he says:

After that obviously we'll see what characters are... well some characters make sense, some don't. You know when we mapped out what Sonic 4 was gonna be we identified key things, ya know, because really this is built for the Genesis fans, so this is what resonates with them, so this is what we can build upon. And then we mapped out what Sonic 4 should be, and then... we're gonna be offering it to them.

I think he thought Irate WANTED the new characters, so he tried to explain why they won't be in it, the way a PR would by trying to appeal to everyone, by essentially saying "Old characters make more sense for when this is taking place, this is aimed at the genesis fans so we'll only be building upon those games and those characters.
This post has been edited by glem3: 19 July 2010 - 01:38 AM

#3667 User is offline Effexor 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:42 AM

• JUSTICE
  • Wiki edits:36
That's the unfortunate thing about PR; they can't say it as it is. It always has to be said just so.

#3668 User is online NomadTW 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:46 AM

• I ain't gotta impress you fucks.
Yeah, I'm certain we won't see Shadow angsting his way into Sonic 4. That doesn't however, rule out bonus DLC characters...unlikely though that may be.

But yes, I think we've got all we're gonna get from E3 in regards to Sonic 4 info.
This post has been edited by NomadTW: 19 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

#3669 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

• Sonic Hacking Contest Organiser
  • Project:Sonic Hacking Contest
  • Wiki edits:2,193
I'm sure that if any of the "new" characters were added, there would be rage by many and joy by the fanboys.

Anyway, I think we already know about the running animation getting fixed. It's been dodgy for a while now. Still, Ken Balough talks a load of shit most of the time. This is truly Sonic the Hedgehog 4 as you imagined it.

#3670 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

• On a neverending quest to find the Oldbie Lounge
  • Project:Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • Wiki edits:136
Jesus Christ, the guy is just doing his job. Give him a break. Besides, this is the Sonic 4 the general gaming media have imagined. They're not like us who have been salivating day and night since 1994 for a sequel to S3&K, nor have they picked out every single detail of the classics and now this game. So to them, the differences do not make this game "total shit." It won't be perfect, but it's still going to be a fun game, don't buy it if you don't want it. For fuck sake. [/rant]

#3671 User is offline Hez 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27
it sounds like they're actually trying to please us, on top of, pleasing the new fans.

#3672 User is offline Scartillery 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

• Wiki edits:3
QUOTE (Hez @ Jul 19 2010, 06:46 PM)
it sounds like they're actually trying to please us, on top of, pleasing the new fans.

Now we all know that pleasing both is near impossible. But, its nice to know they're trying.
Sonic is for everybody, not just us. The same applies to this game, we aren't the only people who'll buy this game.

#3673 User is offline test-object 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

• By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea I had this effect on you.
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Jul 19 2010, 05:17 PM)
don't buy it if you don't want it. For fuck sake. [/rant]
It's Sonic 4, quote on quote "a game made for the core fans". Why else do you think everyone's giving criticism? Sonic Team is obviously searching for it.
Not trying to defend the bitching though.

#3674 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
So I'm curious. What has Sega and Ken Balloon actually said they were changing. Currently I know of running animation being changed, faster acceleration, and a title screen intro (rather than the current straight to finger waving title screen). Anything else I'm missing?

#3675 User is offline Effexor 

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

• JUSTICE
  • Wiki edits:36
QUOTE (Dark Sonic @ Jul 19 2010, 02:17 PM)
So I'm curious. What has Sega and Ken Balloon actually said they were changing. Currently I know of running animation being changed, faster acceleration, and a title screen intro (rather than the current straight to finger waving title screen). Anything else I'm missing?

They're fixing the physics a bit, but the only thing for sure they said was that they're making it so Sonic doesn't come to a dead stop when you release the analog stick/D-pad/whatever you're using to move him.

Edit: New page.
This post has been edited by Effexor: 19 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

• 459 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users