Untitled Sonic 1 Hack Better than before
Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:08 AM
Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:07 PM
Also the Jeopardy theme for the special stage? That made me chuckle.
Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:22 PM
- Tons of minor aesthetic changes
- Redone title and level select screens
- Level layout tweaks
- Redone palettes for Shining Shore Zone and Luster Labyrinth Zone (formerly Radiant Ruins zone)
- Finished 2nd special stage
- Finished Robo Reactor Zone act 2
- New anti-repro cart splash screen, courtesy of Bakayote
- New act clear and extra life music, courtesy of A-S-H
Also updated the OP with new screenshots.
Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:45 PM
For some reason, only drums and jump sound effects persist after any boss' music, 90% of the time. Very rarely, the boss audio will become regular again and the audio will be fine afterwards, but it's only happened once.
Let me also take this post to say how much improvement this hack has seen from last year's SHC build. It looks, plays, and sounds so much better than it did a year ago. I considerably enjoy the music choices, and I'm liking the art, too, especially what you've done with Labyrinth and Scrap Brain Zone. I'm looking forward to the final level/boss (And maybe some reworked bosses in the future? /> )!
Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:00 PM
(pardon the potato video quality, it WAS a lossless MKV when I uploaded it.)
EDIT: Also, you might want to double check the mappings for the water slide animation.
EDIT 2: And the spinning platforms!