Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Dreamcast mods for SADX - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 13 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Dreamcast mods for SADX DC Branding, textures, level ports, lighting research, etc.

#181 User is online MainMemory 

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339

View PostBlazeHedgehog, on 17 April 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostMainMemory, on 17 April 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

View PostBlazeHedgehog, on 16 April 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

but I don't suppose you could adjust the sine intensity.

I don't understand what would make you think that. Everything is adjustable, it's simply a matter of understanding the code behind the effect, and the amount of effort required to alter it.

I guess that's true -- I'm thinking of it in the context of modding Sonic Generations, but I guess SADX mods are a little more flexible than that?

Generations modding as it is now is much less flexible, but way easier to work with (AFAIK). It is completely possible to make Generations mods with the same types of edits as SADX mods, but it would require someone making a system for loading custom code (which would probably be simple to add to cpkredir if it was open source), and reverse engineering the game's code to find what needs to be edited to achieve a desired result, which would be more difficult in Generations, as it uses C++ instead of just C.
This post has been edited by MainMemory: 17 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

#182 User is offline PkR 

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:44 AM

• Project:SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
Update for DC Branding/title screen.

The ripple effect is now enabled by default, you can disable it by editing config.ini in the DC_Branding folder. The separate mod is no longer supported and has been removed via a Mod Loader update.

I made it slightly less awful since I last posted it and it shouldn't lag on low-end systems anymore, but the way it works is still the same - it uses texture animation to imitate the background ripple effect. It kinda sucks, but the separation of different background layers I did in this mod will come in handy later when (if ever) the ripples are implemented properly using shaders. The good thing about this mod is that it's 100% faithful to the original effect since I ripped it from SA1.
This post has been edited by PkR: 21 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

#183 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

• Wiki edits:22
That link seems to be broken.

#184 User is offline PkR 

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

• Project:SADX Dreamcast Conversion, The Emeralds' Awakening
Yeah, I literally just pushed an update. The ripple effect is now enabled by default, you can disable it by editing config.ini in the DC_Branding folder. The separate mod is no longer supported and has been removed via a Mod Loader update.
The config file also has other settings like the position/scale of the background and logo (separate options for 4:3 and widescreen), as well as an option to disable the SA1 title screen entirely.

#185 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

• Wiki edits:22
Ah okay. Thanks. I've always liked the ripple effect on the DC title screen!

• 13 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Yandex