Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: (OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 93 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

(OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art Everything else that isn't character art or specific level art

#1366 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

• The Sims 2, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik
  • Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
  • Wiki edits:5
There's some WIPs regarding the red starpost sparkles right here from the "Items, Menus,..." section: (http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?sho...484&st=1110)

And here's some WIPs of the floating platform from the "Level Art" section:(http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?sho...0480&st=990)
This post has been edited by T.Q.: 30 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

#1367 User is offline Gambit 

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

• Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD
  • Wiki edits:6
Huh, the stars are news to me, but I can do better than that grass on that platform. Fuck it, I think I'm just gonna do it.

#1368 User is offline Dr. Mustache 

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

• Likes Sloths
QUOTE (nineko @ Oct 30 2009, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Slingers @ Oct 30 2009, 04:49 PM)
Would somebody be able to rip the 'Got Continue' sprites from Sonic 2? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
You could rip them by yourself :p
But I was bored so I ripped them for you:

edit: yes, they do.

I shall have a bash at these.

#1369 User is offline Elratauru 

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

• Oooh Shiny stuff! don't touch it >:(
  • Project:Web Developer
  • Wiki edits:132
QUOTE (Gambit @ Oct 31 2009, 02:56 AM)
Huh, the stars are news to me, but I can do better than that grass on that platform. Fuck it, I think I'm just gonna do it.

Haha, did these a long time ago... but I didnt like them anyways, to...red-ish to me xD

ACHIVEMENT UNLOCKED: Be in S2HD staff. (Love the achivement icons by the way xD)

#1370 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

• The Sims 2, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik
  • Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
  • Wiki edits:5
I thought the red stars looked fine, especially since they're going to be swirling around the top of the starpost very quickly. If it's still not that great, then maybe make the center areas whiter, and that should be it.

#1371 User is offline Flare 

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Here is a current WIP of the Sonic thingy. I have hands to do, so suggestions would be nice since I have problems with them.

#1372 User is offline Blanche Hodapp 

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

• *urp*
  • Wiki edits:120
If he's tapping his foot, I don't think he'd be smiling.

My intepretation was that it was a smaller version of the bored sprite, so maybe take inspiration from that? (Hands on hips, pissed-off face, etc.)

#1373 User is offline MaximusDM 

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

• Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist
I think his body and leg positioning are wrong. I interpret it as his chest is protruding forward with his rump sticking back with his legs then angled into it. Yours is standing straight up. The back foot should look more like a distinct profile of it. It looks too similar to his front foot. The back arm is in the same position as the front one, it just seems smaller do to the perspective. Its a funky perspective all around so I'm sure its tough.

#1374 User is offline Phos 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

• Going for the high score on whatever that little bar is
QUOTE (Blanche Hodapp @ Nov 7 2009, 06:52 PM)
If he's tapping his foot, I don't think he'd be smiling.

My intepretation was that it was a smaller version of the bored sprite, so maybe take inspiration from that? (Hands on hips, pissed-off face, etc.)

I'd rather him look happy.

#1375 User is offline test-object 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

• By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea I had this effect on you.
  • Wiki edits:1
I'd rather see him without a mouth. I always found that little schmuck emotionless. Also, go check out some (kawaii desuuuuu!!) chibi-drawings...

(do try giving him a classic round belly and less lighting sources in the eyes, please)

...come to think of it, now we got the possibilities, wouldn't it be more interesting to change the chibi-Sonic's positions? When we get to the "Continue"-screen, it WOULD look rather silly to see 5 identical cutesy Sonic's doing the exact same thing.

Also, Vincent, you're not done yet with the character sheet, you haven't made the Continue-screen laying Sonic yet... I think.

#1376 User is offline Vincent 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

• Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Character Artist
What The.. You're right Test!
It won't take long framing them tough. wink.png

---

Hey Flare, anything character related is something I always appreciate! ^^
There are several fixes to address, so I'll list all of them here:

-The belly is not round enough
-The belly don't have any shadow cast by muzzle.
-The expression on the face should be "pissed off" instead of childish happy
-The second spike is too pointy
-Missing front head spotlight
-The socks seems blocks, not following legs's angle.
-As per hands, cute sphere-shaped ones will do.
-Grab the Uber Standing frame on database as a reference per exact shading, and colours

Even if at the moment I'd prefer to see a broken monitor's frame, keep it going! wink.png
This post has been edited by Vincent: 08 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

#1377 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (Vincent @ Nov 8 2009, 07:51 AM)
-The expression on the face should be "pissed off" instead of childish happy

On what grounds? Super-Deformed, chibi versions of characters are almost always made with the idea of making the character look cute, cuddly, and happy. test-object has the right idea in his example image that he posted.

Personally, the only problems I see are that the expression chosen is kind of weird and the spikes aren't properly "sharp" looking in terms of pointy edges.

#1378 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

• Wiki edits:18
QUOTE (test-object @ Nov 8 2009, 07:29 AM)
I'd rather see him without a mouth. I always found that little schmuck emotionless.
Me too. Also, his eyes certainly don't look like in his "pissed off" expression, but open wide. I think Flare got them right.

Perhaps this mini-Sonic should be treated as the precursor of the emotionless Tails Doll. =P

#1379 User is offline Flare 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

Well my thinking round it was, cause I have tried as mentioned, pissed off, and no mouth at all, but the problem I ran into with no mouth was it seemed as if something was missing, it looked off in my opinion. As for the pissed off, I don't understand that if you got a continue Sonic would be irritated, I know he taps his foot but I thought it was just to have some movement in the icon, since the other characters have the same icon animation yet they are not associated with foot tapping.

#1380 User is offline Gambit 

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

• Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist
I think Tweaker has a great idea. We could take it a step further and have multiple continue icons play with each other so they could look like they're talking, slapping each other, pushing one down that causes the rest to fall over. We could have a bit of fun with that.

• 93 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users