Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Team Sonic Racing - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 16 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Team Sonic Racing Leaked/announced (thanks WalMart!)

#226 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostBlue Blood, on 27 June 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

They should have made this clearer sooner, although the team system will no-doubt be mandatory in the story mode. They also need to better elaborate on the ranking system. The demo so far indicates that even if you come first individually, your AI teammates can utterly compromise final standings through no fault of your own.

Well from every video I've seen that happen (including the one on the front page) it absolutely is the fault of the player - nobody seems to want to actually share powerups, even when they're in first.

Of course your teammates are going to do badly when you're breaking out of the pack and then not helping them to do the same.

#227 User is offline Windii 

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン
My friend Knuttunk has translated yesterday's Famitsu article on the game.
https://sonicjpnews....am-sonic-racing

#228 User is offline HP Zoner 

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

• Project:Crash Mania
Any chance of quoting it? It doesn't seem to let you view it without creating a Tumblr account because of "Safe mode" or something.

#229 User is offline SirCroftScion 

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Famitsu: 1st wave of information for “Team Sonic Racing“

https://www.famitsu....6/27159804.html

What is “Team Sonic Racing”?

“Team Sonic Racing” is the first title for team racing in Sonic series, in which the players can experience racing with high speed that is characteristic to the series.

Players can choose different types of characters and freely customize the racing cars with various parts. Find you own racing style with the best machine and skillful teamwork!

Team Racing System

This game's characteristic is the team race system in which the players race for the best rank in a team. Whenever you play the game by yourself, with your friends, or compete with worldwide users through network, you will be in a team of three to reach the best team position.

Cooperation with your teammates is the key to the victory. Share the joy of victory with them!

*Conventional singles races are also available.

Co-op Skills for the Teamwork

Followings are the skills that can be executed as a team. By cooperating and using these team skills, the team will fill up the Ultimate Gauge. When this gauge is full, the Ultimate Boost, a powerful boost that speeds up all team members, can be used.

[Touch Dash/Skim Boost]: Pass by a teammate who is slowing down to give more speed!

[Line Boost/Slingshot]: Boost up by driving in a teammate's slipstream!

[Item Box Transfer]: Transfer items with your teammates anywhere on the course!

[Rival Takedown]: Fill up the Ultimate Gauge by taking down your rivals marked with red!

[Ultimate Boost]: Strong boost for the player and the teammates!

Characters

Many characters from Sonic series will be playable. This time we introduce the characters from Team Sonic, Team Dark and Team Rose. The three characters for a team can be chosen freely, so players can combine any types together.
*Insert character traits from Sonic Heroes here*

Racing Car Types & Customization

There will be three types of racing cars according to the selected characters. The machines’ appearance and functions can be customized with parts unlocked by playing the game. Cover the weakness or power up the strength; customize the way you want!

Item: “Wisp”

14 Wisps will appear (Shorten it down)

Various Game Modes

The game will have many offline modes that can be enjoyed even when playing alone. Please look forward to further information.

[Team Adventure Mode] Enjoy the story mode with a brand new scenario. Also for local multiplayer.

[Grand Prix Mode] Compete to be the best team through 4 courses.

[Exhibition Mode] Customize the rules and settings for the race freely.

[Time Trial] Beat your own best time.

[Challenge Mode] Online Multiplayer with up to 12 players with different rules.

Various Racing Courses

Starting with Wisp Circuit that was introduced, the game will include many courses inspired from stages of Sonic series but also unique courses.
[

I made a Tumblr account so you don't have to!
This post has been edited by SirCroftScion: 28 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

#230 User is offline HP Zoner 

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

• Project:Crash Mania
Thanks! And good job getting past the nauseating background (seriously what's up with that).

Pretty standard stuff so far, though I do like the idea of mixing up team members whichever way you want for some modes, at least. Finally I can have the Sonic & Big adventure I've always dreamed of.

#231 User is offline Strife 

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

• Project:Freedom Planet 2
I wonder if the reason the cars look so blank and same-y is because they all share similar customizable parts and Sega has only shown the default cars. That being the case, I'm interested to see how extensively we can trick them out.

• 16 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users