Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Some supposedly unreleased Sonic 2 music - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 5 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Some supposedly unreleased Sonic 2 music MOD EDIT: Do not bother the composer, please

#31 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Posting a way to contact old SEGA developers in a public forum is never a good idea.

#32 User is offline Asagoth 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

• Behold ... the mighty... the flawless... salted cod eater...
Well the idea was ... this is Kenneth... and that's a page about a company with some details introduced by him... what others may do after that I can't really say ... I can just say that I will not contact him... also my English sucks so badly I would't even know what to ask ...

#33 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
Very interesting! The style of that track sort of reminds me of the 2P zone music. Hopefully we can secure a ROM of that Gems module test program. In that screenshot above it looks like it's running on an actual SEGA Genesis rather than an emulator based on the composite colour bleeding.

#34 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

View PostAsagoth, on 03 May 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

what others may do after that I can't really say ...
Nothing good. That's why we don't do that.

Actual researchers and anybody really interested in something more than easy "likes" can use Google too, so there's no point to posting direct links here, anyway.

#35 User is offline Asagoth 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:30 PM

View PostICEknight, on 03 May 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostAsagoth, on 03 May 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

what others may do after that I can't really say ...
Nothing good. That's why we don't do that.

Actual researchers and anybody really interested in something more than easy "likes" can use Google too, so there's no point to posting direct links here, anyway.

Ok ... you're right... I will not do it again...

#36 User is offline Super Egg 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

• Master of MS Paint.
  • Project:Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
  • Wiki edits:46
It's a good thing I'm actually interested then. I saw this tweet and immediately introduced myself. Stuff like this is the only reason I stay in the godforsaken community, and I legitimately have some questions to ask this guy if he's willing to sit down and talk with me.

#37 User is offline Hez 

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:25 AM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostSuper Egg, on 03 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

It's a good thing I'm actually interested then. I saw this tweet and immediately introduced myself. Stuff like this is the only reason I stay in the godforsaken community, and I legitimately have some questions to ask this guy if he's willing to sit down and talk with me.

Nothing like flooding him with requests that will likely stray him away from answering any questions.

How about we all just let one or two people do the talking? Not everyone needs to be a hero.

#38 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostHez, on 04 May 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

How about we all just let one or two people do the talking? Not everyone needs to be a hero.

In fact, something had already been arranged since even before this topic was made.
https://twitter.com/...015498331602944

#39 User is offline Super Egg 

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

• Master of MS Paint.

View PostSuper Egg, on 03 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Nothing like flooding him with requests that will likely stray him away from answering any questions.

Seeing as I have been asking questions through the tweets and getting responses to begin with, I don't personally give a fuck what y'all do. I am doing independent research. Not trying to be a "hero",but I'm already here.

#40 User is offline RyogaMasaki 

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:09 AM

• 0xffffffff

View PostSuper Egg, on 04 May 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Seeing as I have been asking questions through the tweets and getting responses to begin with, I don't personally give a fuck what y'all do. I am doing independent research. Not trying to be a "hero",but I'm already here.

y i k e s.

If Frank C is involved, no one else needs to bug the guy.

#41 User is offline Super Egg 

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

• Master of MS Paint.

View PostRyogaMasaki, on 05 May 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

y i k e s.

I don't know what the yikes is about. I was already tweeting questions and getting replies well before I came to Retro and saw there was a thread on here, I half expected it not to and I was going to make one myself. As I stated, I don't care what you guys do, I'm not associated with Retro. I'm not "trying to be a hero" or "be a rebel." I'm just stating, I am already asking questions, and getting responses for my own personal research. I'm pretty certain if people are actually asking this guy legitimate questions, he will answer them. There's plenty of internet for everyone.
This post has been edited by Super Egg: 05 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

#42 User is offline MykonosFan 

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178

View PostSuper Egg, on 05 May 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

y i k e s.

I don't know what the yikes is about. I was already tweeting questions and getting replies well before I came to Retro and saw there was a thread on here, I half expected it not to and I was going to make one myself. As I stated, I don't care what you guys do, I'm not associated with Retro. I'm not "trying to be a hero" or "be a rebel." I'm just stating, I am already asking questions, and getting responses for my own personal research. I'm pretty certain if people are actually asking this guy legitimate questions, he will answer them. There's plenty of internet for everyone.

Let's let this post be the end of this branch of the topic, because frankly I don't want to read any further back and forth on this based on how it's been carried out already. I won't split these posts out of the topic so that there's still context for this next request.

People are already contacting Kenneth. If you are someone reading this and have a burning desire to contact him, it's best to let those who have already reached out do what they're going to do. The information they obtain, if any, will reach us. Kenneth is someone who was presumably giving a presentation in his class, we don't even know if he knew that one of his students was filming this. His inbox being flooded will do more harm than good regardless.

#43 User is offline Toasty 

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:53 AM

• BulbaSAUR!
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostMykonosFan, on 05 May 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostSuper Egg, on 05 May 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

y i k e s.

Let's let this post be the end of this branch of the topic, because frankly I don't want to read any further back and forth on this based on how it's been carried out already. I won't split these posts out of the topic so that there's still context for this next request.

People are already contacting Kenneth. If you are someone reading this and have a burning desire to contact him, it's best to let those who have already reached out do what they're going to do. The information they obtain, if any, will reach us. Kenneth is someone who was presumably giving a presentation in his class, we don't even know if he knew that one of his students was filming this. His inbox being flooded will do more harm than good regardless.

This has been proven time and time again to be the truth in the Sonic community. History repeats itself and former devs have been scared away before.

#44 User is offline Asagoth 

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

Three years ago ... after reading about a tool which was once part of the Sega Mega Drive dev kit provided by Sega to third parties called MEGA-WICE (Westwood Icon & Character Editor)... designed by american programmer Joseph B. Hewitt IV (Lion King, Dune, Comand & Conquer, etc)... I contacted the creator of said tool on Reddit... as my english sucks I was unable to ask him more about the subject... at the time I was awaiting aproval here... I asked for help here ... no one cared... it was the first and last time I tried to contact a programmer...

#45 User is offline Shalpp 

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

• WHAT A HIT -- HE'LL REMEMBER THAT NUMBER
  • Project:some sonic cd video for a channel that's not gonna kick off lmfao
Am I the only one that notices (maybe due to the quality of the recording) that the Sonic graphic looks strikingly similar to his render in Sonic 3?
That's grabbing my attention more than a 4 second clip of music :v:
This post has been edited by Shalpp: 05 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

• 5 Pages +
    Locked Forum

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users