Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SA2/SADX Mod Loader - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SA2/SADX Mod Loader I am the best at names

#211 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

• Wiki edits:22
This is the signature I'm using: "__declspec(dllexport) void Init(const char *path, const HelperFunctions &helperFunctions)".

#212 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Well, do you have "__declspec(dllexport) ModInfo SA2ModInfo = { ModLoaderVer };" in there too? Have you specified the DLLFile key in the mod.ini file? Does the mod loader's log say anything?

#213 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

• Wiki edits:22
Yes, I've got that in there. And the mod.ini file is correct. The modloader log shows that the mod is loaded and I can tell it is. I've put in some debug print statements in other parts of the mod and the mod loader log does show those. It's just that the code inside the Init function is never executed.
This post has been edited by Turbohog: 09 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

#214 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Well then without any further information (such as the cpp or dll file) I can't help you.

#215 User is offline ThePuzzledBoy 

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

• Project:Motivation to work on something. ANYTHING.
If this is in the wrong topic, I apologize. I just don't know where else to go.

Has anyone managed to get the SADX Mod Manager (and any mods) working in Windows XP in this day and age?

I've been trying this feat myself recently and have even managed to get the necessary redistributables for the Mod Manager and mods (even those that genuinely surprised me when they actually installed in XP), and the mod loader itself works fine (I can select mods, change settings, all that jazz), but after I hit "save and play", I get the system error "sonic.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The only settings I've checked in the Mod Manager are "force texture filtering", "force mipmapping", "scale HUD", and "disable CD check".

I've tried the game with the mod loader (and the same mods) installed in Windows 10, and it works fine there. As for the XP machine, I've tried playing without the mod loader installed and it works fine. I've even tried loading most of the mods by themselves, but the same error appears no matter what. However, I did try running the game with the mod loader installed but no mods set to load, and that actually worked amazingly well -- even performing better than just running it with the default programs and CD, at least with the menu animations; I didn't go much farther than that -- so I assume the error has to do with the mods themselves not playing nice with XP at the game's runtime.

The specs for my Windows XP computer (if it helps) are:

• 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Pentium 4
  • 2GB RAM
  • 256MB PNY GeForce 8400 GS DDR2
  • Windows XP Professional SP3

Thanks in advance,

Hunter
This post has been edited by ThePuzzledBoy: 27 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

#216 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

The Mod Manager and Mod Loader are built with Windows XP SP3 compatibility, but mods may not be. All of my mods should be XP compatible.

#217 User is offline ThePuzzledBoy 

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostMainMemory, on 27 September 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

The Mod Manager and Mod Loader are built with Windows XP SP3 compatibility, but mods may not be. All of my mods should be XP compatible.

Well, I tried the Metal Sonic mod (as I consider that the easiest way to go since I haven't gone 100% on the game), and it seems to be complaining that "MSVCR100.dll was not found", leading to that mod being unable to load.

Well, at least it's not an "illegal operation" error. However, MSVCR100.dll is a Visual C++ redist, right? I doubt it's the 2017 one, since I know I have that installed. (I even repaired the install to see if that would fix it, but no dice.)

I also tried the "Sonic is a girl" mod, and I get the exact same error.

I also tried both on my Windows 10 machine, and they worked with no problem.

However, here's where things get interesting. Remember when I said earlier that I tried loading my installed mods one at a time and they didn't work? Well, I tried loading them again, and now they somehow work! Except for a few mods that I'll relay to their respective creators...

Thanks,

Hunter

#218 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

MSVCR100.dll is from the 2010 redist.

#219 User is offline ThePuzzledBoy 

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostMainMemory, on 27 September 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

MSVCR100.dll is from the 2010 redist.

Thanks! Got that downloaded and the mods now work!

Also, I just want to say I noticed your latest update less than an hour ago mentioning "XP support fixed". Can you give some specifics on that (preferably in layman's terms)? Because I downloaded and installed it after trying your mods, and it broke my mods and caused the same issues as before. EDIT: Ignore that last sentence, it was another, seperate mod that I mistakenly enabled that crashes the game and I'm waiting on a fix for. :specialed:

Thanks,

Hunter
This post has been edited by ThePuzzledBoy: 27 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

#220 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Morph fixed the mod update system in the mod manager, it was using a SHA-256 provider that was incompatible with Windows XP, now it can fall back on one that is compatible.

• 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users