So, here it is! The newest version of the best Sonic engine for MMF2. Countless hours of work and testing went into this to make this better than before. Here's a quick rundown of some of the changes made:
- The first major change is the release of Lark's input system! As seen previously in Sonic Zero: Remastered, it allows for true gamepad support, analogue stick support, and rumble support, among other features.
- Next are the addition of two more utility systems, the Positional Sound System (PSS) and the Family System (FS). PSS allows for ambient sounds with stereo panning. FS allows for easily creating and managing chains of linked objects. Examples of these systems have been provided for you to examine and learn from.
- There is also a Ghost system! It records player input to have ghosts run through the level. The fastest ghost is saved. If you die, respawn at a checkpoint, then clear the level, your gameplay will be stitched together to create a single input sequence. However, if you get a Time Over, ghost recording is disabled for the remainder of the level.
- You will have also noticed that the test level was completely redone! I made a new tileset that featured more curves and loops, and Sparks crafted together a big open level that showcases all the different gimmicks. Along with this, MCKaosu redid the sample music with awesome new VOPM remixes.
- We also have a few new gimmicks! Button switches that control doors, automatic shutters, corkscrews, swing poles, and breakable walls are provided, in addition to some things added in 1.2C (pinball bumpers, lava).
- Sonic also has the ability to run on water at high speeds! It is modeled after the effect in Sonic 3.
- Quite a few tweaks and adjustments to the physics to make things a bit more accurate to the original Genesis games. There is also an object to facilitate in creating ramps that you can be launched off of!
- And all of this is on top of a metric ton of bugfixes and optimizations!
It's quite a big release, and all of us at Delta Team hope you enjoy it and use it to make fun games :D
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. But please try to keep any MMF2 hate out of the thread.