Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#931 User is offline ultima espio 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostTimmiT, on 31 January 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

View Postbolt7, on 31 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Its being posted over at SSMB and its originally from another sonic forum in Russia. Looks pretty cool actually can't wait to see what else that hacker does =).

Wait, so this means we could get a new version of this?

Yeah

Posted Image

I'd love to play that xD
This post has been edited by ultima espio: 31 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

#932 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
o_0 Is that real? Good god please let that be real.

Classic Eggman in Classic GHZ please.

#933 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
Make sure you got annotations enabled.

EDIT: Uploading some screenies because that shitty video and my recording skills don't do it justice.

EDIT2: Screens in the spoiler.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Dario FF: 31 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

#934 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
HNNNG. REVERSE ENGINEERING BONER.

So do you think shadows are possible? I wouldn't mind a more technical explanation as to why they aren't available, unless of course I missed it.

Also will Chun-Nan be brighter in the future?

#935 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostLobotomy, on 31 January 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

HNNNG. REVERSE ENGINEERING BONER.

So do you think shadows are possible? I wouldn't mind a more technical explanation as to why they aren't available, unless of course I missed it.

Well shadows ARE casting on stuff like Sonic or the objects. It's there, it just isn't casting on the terrain for some reason(and it's not some Terrain -> Terrain thing, Sonic and the objects don't). The only technical explanation we got is, we don't effing know. :v: But hey, a week ago I wouldn't even have dreamed of seeing GIA data correctly working, let alone the high-quality DLC one.

View PostLobotomy, on 31 January 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Also will Chun-Nan be brighter in the future?

As explained in the video due to HDR and color correction, I wouldn't want to tweak the GIA maps more until shadows are possible. It's really just dark because it's actually bright. :v: Once shadows are there it's just a matter of finding the right color tones for the lighting maps. :)
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 31 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

#936 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
Sounds excellent, keep it up! At this point though, I could care less about the graphics quality, I'm just itching to play this, since I no longer have any current gen consoles.

#937 User is offline JakeyBoy 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

• Wiki edits:3
Should the ice be flickering like that?

#938 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

• Project:Learning Python.

View PostJakeyBoy, on 31 January 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

It shouldn't, probably a problem with the cube/environment maps, I guess Dario will know more about the issue :specialed:

#939 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostJakeyBoy, on 31 January 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Not really. The chunk-terrain loading like in Generations isn't ported yet because it's not the same format. My guess is that the flickering is caused by stuff off-screen loading/unloading when it shouldn't. Most of Generations uses triggers to load/unload terrain when you go past certain points... here it's just streaming whatever is inside the radius, and inside the memory constraints. This has some bad implications, one being that the low quality GIA maps are loaded in near range due to insufficient memory, while certainly some of the stuff could be unloaded because it's not really visible.

Windmill Isle act 2 framerate can drop heavily sometimes because of that as well. But it should be possible to port it over in a hard day's work. :)

#940 User is offline Falk 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

The first thing that happened when I clicked the all-characters video was I saw Shadow's awkward double-speed gait.

The next thing that happened was milk came out my nose.

#941 User is offline HarrisonJ 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

• Project:University
  • Wiki edits:16
As someone who hasn't played Unleashed, I would really like to play the day stages in Generations. I've heard bad things about the Werehog and deemed it not worth a purchase (learned my lesson with 2006, which I bought anyway).

The icy surfaces in Cool Edge look really pretty.

#942 User is offline Falk 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Werehog is much more palatable than Knuckles/Tails stages in SA2. It's just such a break from the daytime stages (and something that really doesn't belong in a Sonic game at all) that the contrast kills it flat dead and really does break the momentum of the game. Heck, if I didn't have any preconceptions or were trying to get through them as fast as possible to get to the next day stage, I daresay I might actually have found them entertaining.

That being said comparing Unleashed to 2006 is just plain unfair. 2006 was and is in its own exclusive level of suck, covering everything from the overly dramatized writing, awful gamebreaking bugs and ridiculous loading times/frequency. If you see Unleashed in the bargain bin for $10 and still can't bring yourself to buy it, you're really doing yourself a disfavor. It's a very playable game.

edit: And I don't see how Eggmanland could ever get ported without some extensive renovation. You really need to experience that stage in its original form at least once. Especially if you have any masochistic tendencies whatsoever.
This post has been edited by Falk: 31 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

#943 User is offline darkspines35 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

• ItsEasyActually
  • Project:MaxScript, modeling, and other things >.>
  • Wiki edits:14
Just so everyone knows, the porting and stuff is pretty basic since Havok has the ability to place animations for one skeleton onto another, as stated on their website. So you should be able to swap anyone with who ever you want.

#944 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
Facinating. Could you perhaps explain this process to someone who knows pretty much jack shit about hacking? I'm extracting the files (probably should have extracted them in separate folders in retrospect... eh I'll just do it again), and I was wondering how would you go about editing the character models? Do you have to simply just rename the file of, say, classic_eggman to classic_sonic and it would just take over or is there more to it then that.

I'm guessing there's more to it then that.

#945 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
I hate to jump forward like this but is there any chance that Colors pretty much uses all the same files as Unleashed and Generations?

• 285 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users