Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Christmas with Sonic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 12 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Christmas with Sonic Ho ho ho?

#166 User is offline Liraxus 

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

• Some shmuck
  • Project:Nothing, really.
Just as lovely as previous years, still couldn't stop laughing at how Silver casually flung a bear across the forest.

#167 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
6 years now, crazy man that this has been a tradition for soo long but hopefully it continues for many more.

Anyways, loved it but it felt short this year its just me though because its the near same length as all the others.

#168 User is offline Sapphire 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

• It's like boo!
A little past the season now, but just wanted to pop in and say how much I love these! My brothers and I have watched them every year around Christmas for several years now and they're always fantastic. Hoping you continue this awesome tradition!

#169 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
https://www.facebook...729670080397954

Hey everyone. I've got some news that will put coal in your stockings. We have decided that we will not be doing a Christmas with Sonic this year. I know it's absolutely heartbreaking and we share the pain too. There's a lot to why we aren't doing one but know it was not an easy decision. We made 6 of them in a row and we hate to break our tradition but I assure you it's for the best for Riana and I.

The primary reasons are that we went through about 5 different stories and none were good enough to us. After just coming off of Sonic in Scared Stupid Part 3 which was a massive undertaking, we also basically didn't have as much time as we wanted. Riana is also super busy with her own work. She has 4 jobs at the same time right now and taking time out of her schedule for Christmas with Sonic would only be worth it if we had a story worth telling. We also just aren't feeling it this year. We fully understand if this upsets anyone but you still have all 6 to re-watch this holiday!

I'll be making a video soon about it with some other details but we hope you guys still have a great holiday.

I had a feeling this was going to happen.

#170 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
That's a shame, I loved these videos. The animation style in particular, I have nothing against the regular 3d animated ones, but the hand drawn style had so much more personality in my opinion.
Oh well. I hope we'll get one next year, this year just wasn't a good one for this apparently.
This post has been edited by SuperSnoopy: 02 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

#171 User is online Overlord 

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
A shame, but I look forward to next year's if it happens. May take this opportunity to watch all of the old ones again, it's been a few years since I've seen a couple of them!

#172 User is offline Tiranno 

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

• Steveosaurus Rex
  • Project:Complaining about Ryan Drummond
This topic was bumped so I thought maybe I should make a post!

Yeah we're not doing one this year. Basically we ran out of time and couldn't come up with a story worth telling. Riana is also super busy with work right now and I just came off of a huge project (A Halloween themed Sonic video) https://www.youtube....?v=SawYRdsOzz0.

We did an illustration to hopefully make up for it!

Posted Image

If you guys want an uncompressed version for wallpapers and such they're here https://drive.google...pZE?usp=sharing

#173 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
Thanks for taking the time to do this, it's a marvelous drawing. The lighting is spectacular.
(maybe one day I'll be on this level)
This post has been edited by SuperSnoopy: 10 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

#174 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:06 PM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
I got to say, ever since I saw the series, I just can't get the idea out of my head of shadow being able to be a master Chef.

#175 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

• Project:CNC Sculpture/Artwork
Would be awesome if this came back this year. I can understand that it was a lot of work, at an especially busy time of year... I know a lot of us really looked forward to it, and I hope the creators know that.

#176 User is offline Thunder Bro 

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:14 AM

View PostVectorCNC, on 04 December 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Would be awesome if this came back this year. I can understand that it was a lot of work, at an especially busy time of year... I know a lot of us really looked forward to it, and I hope the creators know that.

No worries, because he teased it at the end of his latest animation.

https://youtu.be/xKdy92SJ1sw?t=533

#177 User is offline qwertysonic 

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:34 PM

• Project:creating the biggest sonic collection
I don't have a whole lot of holiday traditions since getting married and moving away from my hometown, but My wife and I always watch the Christmas with Sonic series in the days leading up to Christmas.

• 12 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users