Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Adventure 2 Hacking - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 68 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Adventure 2 Hacking Now a general SA2 Hax thread

#1006 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
This will need a little more testing to make sure this is the case, but I think I figured out why TNC wasn't working:

Either this is on by default now or I turned it on at some point and didn't realize it, but in Steam's "in-game" settings, there's a check box for "Use Big Picture Overlay when using Steam Input controller from Desktop"

This makes some games boot up in kind of a pseudo-Big Picture mode in addition to messing with controller stuff. It was actually screwing up Sonic Mania for me bad enough that I couldn't play the game unless I closed DS4Windows. Seems like it messes with the controller's exclusive mode, among other things. Mr. MANGOMILK on Twitter pointed out the option to turn it off. Turning it off not only fixed Sonic Mania and let me keep using DS4Windows, but I'm playing TNC right now just fine.

We'll have to see how things hold up long-term, but I'm thinking maybe it was a controller conflict.

#1007 User is offline End User 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:04 AM

• Project:Supers Over Hedgehogs (SA2)
Over the last few days, I toyed around with the idea of editing the character models found in the Dreamcast version. The first test I wanted to try out was to see if I could manually replace Super Sonic's shoes with the classic ones seen in SA2: The Trial. Super Sonic's model data is small enough for attempted changes to be applied quickly - once I got rid of regular Sonic's data and changed those pointers to match Super Sonic's, that is - which resulted in a period of trial and error with regards to what produced functioning results.

Currently, this is what the model looks like when inserted into the DC version (emulated, though I suspect it also works on real hardware.)
Spoiler

In-game, the shoes move around and animate as they should, though Sonic's legs are persistently broken. I'm at a loss for what to attempt next, as my knowledge of the model structure starts and stops with what was most likely already discovered several years back. This particular type of change could be applied to any model in the game, though depending on the size of the package and what parts of the model you would like to change, the process could take a while.

#1008 User is offline Jimmy Hedgehog 

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

• Project:RAoSTH (Sprite Comic), Sawnik (Still need a better name)
  • Wiki edits:2
Posted this in the wrong thread earlier so asked it to be trashed, so here it is where it's supposed to be!

Just a general enquiry here, and I guess semi-request too I dunno, but how feasible/possible would it be to have a camera mod that focusses on a particular chao while in the garden? Been streaming SA2 and thought it'd be neat to kind of have "Chao Cam" while playing other games.

#1009 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:39 AM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Looks like I've forgotten to post here lately, have a bunch of mods:

Sonic Over Shadow Model Swap

Shadow With Amy's Animations
Amy Over Shadow Model Swap
Also a new version of Amy/Metal Spin Dash.

#1010 User is offline Irixion 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

• Project:Life
  • Wiki edits:152
Good Job. Now do Eggman with Amy's animations and physics and Sonic with Eggman's animations.

In all seriousness, how does this work if they all have different skeletons? Or is there something that I'm missing?

#1011 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Metal Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Tikal, Chaos 0, Super Sonic, and Super Shadow all share the same skeleton in SA2, therefore models and animations can be swapped between any of them, and in fact they share several animations from the PLCOMMTN.PRS (PLayer COMmon MoTioN) file.

#1012 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

Chaos With Rouge's Animations

Amy With Shadow's Animations
I've also fixed the issues with the Amy Over Shadow Model Swap

• 68 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users