Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Amy In Sonic 1 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 18 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Amy In Sonic 1 "Amy Rose is here!"

#16 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Oh wow, the ending pose. I didn't even suspect it had been implemented already.

QUOTE (RGamer2009 @ Feb 28 2010, 06:17 PM)
Also a running spin attack (run and press down) would be helpful sometimes too.
She's already supposed to have a headbutt move just in case. emot-ssh.gif
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 28 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

#17 User is offline Phithpleis 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

• Nein
  • Project:Current Project
  • Wiki edits:26
That is quite an adorable game you made up! It gives the normal Sonic game quite a new challenge that mirrors that of Sonic Advance. The opening title screen and ending shot are so wonderful! I give it a 5 out of 5!

#18 User is online Neo 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked
  • Wiki edits:1
Cute. Of course you do know Amy gets drunk if you keep turning around during a ground hammer attack, right?

#19 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL
This is really good! Other than what you've already said, there are a few things I'd change:

- Make Amy's moveset complete from Sonic Advance (I.e. add Strong Hammer Attack, Higher Jump, Giant Steps, Hammer Jump)

- Make spin attack non-lethal. After exiting an S-bend or being launched from the ramps in SLZ boss, Amy curls into a ball that can hurt badniks/Robotnik. While she obviously needs to be in a ball to go through the S-bend, I don't think she should be able to hurt enemies in that form.

- Fix demos.

Other than that, this is absolutely fantastic. And it's fun to die after beating the Final Boss!

#20 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

• Wiki edits:41
QUOTE (ICEknight @ Feb 28 2010, 06:18 PM)
Oh wow, the ending pose. I didn't even suspect it had been implemented already.

She's already supposed to have a headbutt move just in case. emot-ssh.gif

People REALLY like the ending poses. I mean I know a few odd hacks neglect them but it seems to be a big debate here.

She had a leap move (that could convert into a weak little skid by pressing attack) in Advance 1, I think she had a peel out variant in the other two games. A lack of spin attack was sorta her weakness, though she had it in Advance 2 (where she was basically a mirror of Sonic) and 3 depending on how you combined partners.

QUOTE (Neo @ Feb 28 2010, 06:37 PM)
Cute. Of course you do know Amy gets drunk if you keep turning around during a ground hammer attack, right?

Yeah, I don't quite know how to fix that glitch. Anyone got any guesses how this is happening?

QUOTE (DigitalDuck @ Feb 28 2010, 06:49 PM)
This is really good! Other than what you've already said, there are a few things I'd change:

- Make Amy's moveset complete from Sonic Advance (I.e. add Strong Hammer Attack, Higher Jump, Giant Steps, Hammer Jump)

- Make spin attack non-lethal. After exiting an S-bend or being launched from the ramps in SLZ boss, Amy curls into a ball that can hurt badniks/Robotnik. While she obviously needs to be in a ball to go through the S-bend, I don't think she should be able to hurt enemies in that form.

- Fix demos.

Other than that, this is absolutely fantastic. And it's fun to die after beating the Final Boss!

The completed moveset is planned as soon as figure how to program the other moves. As for the spinning, it seems it would make the boss a bit too tedius since you aren't given a lot of space to hammer before you collide with Eggman.

And I don't know how to fix demos. Anyone done this before?

QUOTE (Phithpleis @ Feb 28 2010, 06:29 PM)
That is quite an adorable game you made up! It gives the normal Sonic game quite a new challenge that mirrors that of Sonic Advance. The opening title screen and ending shot are so wonderful! I give it a 5 out of 5!

Wow, thanx. Love your avatar and sig by the way. :D

The emeralds are all funny colors!

Also this is awesome! I think that the hammer attack needs to be slightly modified so that the actual hammer can attack people...not just the move!

That's a nice idea, however it would likely require more complex programming so the hammer image is recognised separately (likely making it a separate layer like the ring hands in Chaotix), I don't have much knowledge of how to do that.
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 28 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

#21 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Does that form hurt the enemies in Advance 1, though? I really can't remember.

#22 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (ICEknight @ Feb 28 2010, 07:21 PM)
Does that form hurt the enemies in Advance 1, though? I really can't remember.

The ball form still hurts enemies in that boss. I haven't changed the attributes for her spin, I've just edited out most places where she can use it.

EDIT: Oh wait you said Advance. I'm not sure actually though I think one time she was spinning from a transition it didn't hurt an enemy.
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 28 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

#23 User is offline Aquaslash 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

• Emerald Dragoon
  • Project:The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
  • Wiki edits:1,144
I just played through GHZ (can't be arsed to play a full game right now)

As always, your sprites and animations are amazing.

Only thing I have to suggest is remapping some of the enemies, and possibly remapping Eggman and loading a palette just for the boss areas.

#24 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Feb 28 2010, 07:46 PM)
I just played through GHZ (can't be arsed to play a full game right now)

As always, your sprites and animations are amazing.

Only thing I have to suggest is remapping some of the enemies, and possibly remapping Eggman and loading a palette just for the boss areas.

Thanx again.

Not quite sure how to activate new pallettes. I compensated as much as I could for most objects with Amy's pallette but it's a bit 'all over the place' if you will. I thought some of the pink recolors looked amusing though.

#25 User is offline Typhlosion0221 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

I love this hack, I have been waiting for this type of hack for a long time. I love how Amy's hammer changes the playstyle greatly. I just think you need to make the radius for the attacks to be bigger and fix the glitch where spin hammering into a spring while holding down + a sends you through it.

#26 User is offline nineko 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Mar 1 2010, 01:20 AM)
- Fix demos.
And I don't know how to fix demos. Anyone done this before?
Please note that I'm writing this when I didn't have the chance to try your hack yet, so I don't know if this is the problem you're having or not.
Anyway, when you alter the speed/acceleration/jump values, the demos will be fucked up because they're merely recordings of keypresses, which now correspond to slightly different actions. The lazy solution (the one I used, of course) is to use the original speed values when in demo mode, and your custom speed values in normal gameplay. The proper solution is to record new demos, good luck with that v.png

#27 User is offline BigJosh 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:57 PM

• Project:Getting my life on track.
Uhm, for some reason the download is giving me a crippled file which will not let me extract due to an error with the file nor will it let me play it on Kega due to priorly said issue. Help?

Edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself after I downloaded it a 3rd time. Said the download was updated or some other.
This post has been edited by BigJosh: 28 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

#28 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:35 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL
QUOTE (nineko @ Mar 1 2010, 02:55 AM)
Please note that I'm writing this when I didn't have the chance to try your hack yet, so I don't know if this is the problem you're having or not.
Anyway, when you alter the speed/acceleration/jump values, the demos will be fucked up because they're merely recordings of keypresses, which now correspond to slightly different actions. The lazy solution (the one I used, of course) is to use the original speed values when in demo mode, and your custom speed values in normal gameplay. The proper solution is to record new demos, good luck with that v.png

There is the whole problem of Amy not curling into a ball when jumping too, which means any enemy she jumps on will make her get hurt instead. I think recording new demos is the only way to go here.

#29 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

• Project:Atomic Sonic Part II
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Feb 28 2010, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (Chimpo @ Feb 28 2010, 05:08 PM)
The other attacks are pretty easy to tell where your hammer is so you can attack with confidence or time them correctly. With the Mid-Air hammer, the attack phase seems to last 7 frames but only 2 of those frames are visually different and it's a little hard to judge a safe range to attack from those. Forgive the following crude example, but maybe an additional frame and some blurring would help.

Of course this is just me talking so you're than welcomed to ignore it.

Ah, I get you now.

Yeah, I admit the transition isn't great, mainly because I based it off the Advance animation (rather than a blur, the hammer left a flurry of love hearts in it's trail, not quite sure how to program something like that). Not a bad mock-up though, I might have to steal it...

Update to the crude mock up. This is still just as bad as the last one but it's mainly to show what I mean better.

And if you want to do the heart thing, I guess you could always pre-render it

#30 User is offline Animemaster 

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:47 AM

• Prison bitch!
  • Project:Sonic 1 Revelation
  • Wiki edits:35
You should change the word Sonic on the title, to Amy. Not a big fan of amy, but work wise it looks like you've done a good job.

• 18 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users