Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: With the success of Mania where is Sonic1,2,CD on consoles? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

With the success of Mania where is Sonic1,2,CD on consoles?

#1 User is offline segafanac 

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:25 AM

With the big success of Mania I have been thinking it would be wonderful to see the iOS, Android release of Sonic 1 and 2 to be released on modern consoles.

Both Sonic 1, 2, and CD would be a perfect fit especially on the Switch. Would this be something in the cards at SEGA for release?

#2 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Hey, don't ask us. =P

#3 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!

View Postsegafanac, on 17 November 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

With the big success of Mania I have been thinking it would be wonderful to see the iOS, Android release of Sonic 1 and 2 to be released on modern consoles.

Both Sonic 1, 2, and CD would be a perfect fit especially on the Switch. Would this be something in the cards at SEGA for release?

A console collection, how about: "The Mania Collection (digital & physical release) for Switch, PS4, Steam & Xb1 featuring Sonic Mania, Sonic CD (2011) and the mobile remasters of Sonic 1&2 would be awesome. Something like this would be a no-brainer and SEGA loves re-releasing the classics.

I think the mobile remasters of Sonic 1&2 would have already been brought to current-gen consoles if it hadn't been for the three-game Nintendo exclusivity deal a few years back which prevented the remasters being brought to any platform other than mobile.

Considering Iizuka-san wanted to re-imagine stages in Mania rather than just Team Mania make a small-game with new zones and bundle in the mobile remasters, I do wonder if the chance of the remasters being brought to current-gen has become less likely, but you never know.

#4 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Go pester Sega's media channels, we don't know the answer and this topic is otherwise worthless.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users