Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Rouge in Sonic 1 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Rouge in Sonic 1 "Ready for another round?"

#1 User is offline AsuharaMoon 

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

• Project:Sonic Rocket
After taking myself 3 years to actually do it, and many more for others to see it come true... it's finally here:

Posted Image Posted Image

She plays almost exactly like Knuckles, although neither could be done too much with her.

Controls:
  • Down + A/B/C: Spin Dash
  • Jump + A/B/C: Gliding
  • Wall + Up/Down: Climbing
  • (Only in midair) A/B/C: Forced Rolling
  • (Only in midair or climbing) Down + A/B/C: Drill Drive

There might be some minimal oversights, including some stuff regarding adapting KiS2's gliding and climbing codes to S1. But at the very least it's fully playable, I can guarantee that.

Download (v1, Revision 2):
http://www.mediafire...c_1_(v1_r2).rar

Credits

• E-122-Psi: Coding and feedback (Thanks a lot for the cooperation! <3)
  • Zig Sonar: Original Rouge sprites
  • Mercury: Demo recording tool

And for those interested in the sprites, here's the whole sheet I made!: https://i.imgur.com/IY7U8JV.png

Hope you guys like it!

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler

EDIT (3/01/19): Uploaded a 2nd revision. Check the changelog for more details.
This post has been edited by AsuharaMoon: 05 January 2019 - 12:54 AM

#2 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
This actually looks pretty legit! Nice work

#3 User is offline LJSTAR 

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Welp, as I've said on Discord, this hack is dope.
The sprites are really good looking, it plays really well and even the MZ blocks has been fixed :p

Definitely a good reason to replay Sonic 1.

#4 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

Out of all the character hacks for Sonic 1, this has to be the best. Those sprites are flawless and her Drill Dive is sick. I also appreciate the fact that you used REV01 and you applied the Press Start Button text at the title screen which most people gloss over and disregard.

#5 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

It's not based on REV01. They just followed a guide on porting the background scrolling. The guide doesn't even correct the chunks, so MZ's clouds don't match the scrolling, and SYZ has a mountain that's cut in half. The 'Press Start Button' thing's also something you can just copy from a guide.

#6 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

I realized that it wasn't REV01 after I saw the incorrect level order in the level select. I also see scrolling issues you mentioned. That's unfortunate and hopefully he could fix that.

And I know the PSB is a thing you can copy from a guide, it's just my biggest pet peeve with S1 hacks that don't fix that simple code error for something that was supposed to be there in the first place. It's an inexcusable oversight.

#7 User is offline AsuharaMoon 

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

• Project:Sonic Rocket
Thank you very much for all your warm comments!

View PostKnucklez, on 03 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I realized that it wasn't REV01 after I saw the incorrect level order in the level select. I also see scrolling issues you mentioned. That's unfortunate and hopefully he could fix that.

And I know the PSB is a thing you can copy from a guide, it's just my biggest pet peeve with S1 hacks that don't fix that simple code error for something that was supposed to be there in the first place. It's an inexcusable oversight.

As Clownacy said, I used those guides, and it's just that I forgot to port the REV01 chunks set. Although I never would've noticed the MZ thing if it weren't for you guys.

Anyway, I already fixed that, as well the Level Select misorder. The new (and 2nd) revision is in the first post.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users