Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sega: Sonic Quality to Be 'Fixed Over Time' - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 11 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sega: Sonic Quality to Be 'Fixed Over Time' Also, possible new main Sonic game in 6-12 months?

#151 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
QUOTE (RockRedGenesis @ Aug 17 2009, 06:40 AM)
Hello everybody!

I personally think that the future of gaming will be in downloadable medium, and retail games will become a base for that, companies will release fewer and fewer retail games and instead release content to add to them as well as full games that can be downloaded. We're already seeing that in Xbox Live/PSN, but it is still in its early stages and if SEGA were smart they would start releasing more new games on the consoles and computers.

And I believe this would be the death of gaming. People today are still watching films from 70, 80 years ago - the games you're talking about (like the Live/PSN stuff) sure as hell won;t be playable in that time frame. And for this exact reason, Sega (and everyone else) should continue to release solid media versions of any titles that are available as a download option, even if they charge more for them.

#152 User is offline RockRedGenesis 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Overlord @ Aug 17 2009, 08:51 PM)
And I believe this would be the death of gaming. People today are still watching films from 70, 80 years ago - the games you're talking about (like the Live/PSN stuff) sure as hell won;t be playable in that time frame. And for this exact reason, Sega (and everyone else) should continue to release solid media versions of any titles that are available as a download option, even if they charge more for them.

Of course companies will still relase solid media, but downloadable media will become a bigger part of gaming, it already is, look at the amount of full games titles you can buy on the Marketplace/Playstation Store/Wii store ect, even directly to your computer. I not saying I like it, I like own a psychical copy of the games I play, but being able to download full games or even budget titles directly to your PC/Mac and consoles will start to become more mainstream.

#153 User is offline RedStripedShoes 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

• And I'm gone again.
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (RockRedGenesis @ Aug 17 2009, 06:44 PM)
I not saying I like it, I like own a psychical copy of the games I play

You can download games straight into your mind?

HOW HAVE I NOT BEEN AWARE OF THIS GLORIOUS TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCE BEFORE!?

#154 User is offline RockRedGenesis 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (RedStripedShoes @ Aug 18 2009, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (RockRedGenesis @ Aug 17 2009, 06:44 PM)
I not saying I like it, I like own a psychical copy of the games I play

You can download games straight into your mind?

HOW HAVE I NOT BEEN AWARE OF THIS GLORIOUS TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCE BEFORE!?

Okay, I misspelled that. LOL. I meant a physical copy. I've been up since about 5-6pm GMT, the consequence of working night shifts.

• 11 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users