Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 2 CD Remix - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Sonic 2 CD Remix Shoving Time Travel into Sonic 2 since Dec. 2017

#1 User is offline pacguy 

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

• ASM amateur
  • Project:Sonic 2 CD Remix
By popular demand, this has a thread now. Let me type out a rushed explanation of the project for anyone who's just stumbling upon it now...

Sonic 2 CD Remix is a rom hack of Sonic 2 that aims to add the Time Travel mechanics from Sonic CD into the Vanilla Sonic 2 zones. While the original levels are largely unmodified, their pasts and futures feature significant differences, including different palettes, and badniks. Alongside that, it attempts to "remix" the Time Travel formula by adding alternative options for time travel and adding an extra collectible that is exclusive to the future. It also includes a laundry list of options, as well as two new characters, Amy and Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic even has his own "story-line", in a similar fashion to Knuckles in S3K. Being the product of me working off and on for nearly a year, this short paragraph likely doesn't do the project justice, as even I occasionally lose track of what I've added too it (thank god for git :specialed:)

Although nothing truly substantial has been released of this project beyond an extremely old and buggy prototype, I've made several videos showing the project off. I've compiled them all into a playlist. Due to me being unable to post here for quite awhile, some of the major videos in that playlist have never been shared on Retro. So if you haven't been following the project on SSRG or directly via my channel, you might find some cool new stuff in that playlist ;3

Although a completion date is far from settled, a partial demo is planned for the upcoming Sonic Hacking Contest!

And here's some random screenshots to wrap things up, since any project thread would feel empty without them :v:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
This post has been edited by pacguy: 07 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

#2 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:46 PM

• Wiki edits:18
That's really impressive, great work!

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum