Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The lack of PC ports - Colours and Unleashed - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

The lack of PC ports - Colours and Unleashed

#16 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

• Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash

View PostTimmiT, on 29 January 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

Fuck Colours and Unleashed, I want Jet Set Radio Future on PC.

Agreed. My sister's holiday disc bundle went to crap only a few months since we had the game, and her OG Xbox was painfully sluggish for most of its life, has a broken video cable, and for all I know could be anywhere.

It would be nice if Sega buried the exclusivity hatchet on it and most of their other console-exclusive third-party games of the era. I'd love to play it and Sega GT 2002 on modern platforms. :/

#17 User is offline Morph 

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA1/2 hax
  • Wiki edits:11
Sonic Shuffle or riot.

Sega, hire me and I'll port it for you with online multiplayer. Real talk.

#18 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostMorph, on 07 February 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Sonic Shuffle or riot.

Sega, hire me and I'll port it for you with online multiplayer. Real talk.

Fix the loading times and update the models and I'm all for this.

#19 User is offline Okamikurainya 

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:25 AM

• Project:Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
On the topic of ports, if not a PC port, but surely the 3DS would have been capable of running a port of Sonic Adventure? I really feel like they missed a major cash grab opportunity there.

#20 User is offline DetoNtn 

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

Sega should do Steam or console ports of the Saturn Sonic games, like Sonic 3D Blast Saturn Version, Sonic R, and have someway to reincorporate the Sonic Jam Sonic World side-game. I find it kind of dumb that Sega would port the Genesis edition of Sonic 3D Blast, rather than the Saturn edition (the superior version).

I understand there's Sonic Gems collection and Sega PC ports, but the Wii is gone, and it's a hassle to find classic Sega PC discs and get them to run in Windows 10. The 3DS could run these games, but what's the point? Sega should definitely try to bring the Saturn games back to life on modern consoles.

#21 User is offline Okamikurainya 

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

• Project:Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX

View PostDetoNtn, on 12 February 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

The 3DS could run these games, but what's the point?

A: People would buy them.

B: People would buy them.

C: Being able to play Sonic Adventure (or any of the Saturn games like you said) on a handheld, anywhere anytime would be fun and would show us just how far technology has come since the Dreamcast/Saturn days. I'm in love with my Ocarina of Time/ Majora's Mask 3D. :3
Imagine Sonic R on handheld, being able to use the local peer finding thing to set up races. XD
Or Sonic the Fighters, setting up battles or fighting against people far away through your wifi!

D: People would buy them.

#22 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostOkamikurainya, on 12 February 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

View PostDetoNtn, on 12 February 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

The 3DS could run these games, but what's the point?

A: People would buy them.

B: People would buy them.

C: Being able to play Sonic Adventure (or any of the Saturn games like you said) on a handheld, anywhere anytime would be fun and would show us just how far technology has come since the Dreamcast/Saturn days. I'm in love with my Ocarina of Time/ Majora's Mask 3D. :3
Imagine Sonic R on handheld, being able to use the local peer finding thing to set up races. XD
Or Sonic the Fighters, setting up battles or fighting against people far away through your wifi!

D: People would buy them.

Do these games have any selling power anymore though? I feel like any game pre Sonic Unleashed game would need a full Crash N-Sane Trilogy esq rebuild at this point, as SA2B and particularly SADX are very lazy ports of now very old games.

#23 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Not really sure 3DS versions of the Adventure games would require way more work than the usual port of the game would need. Even at a lower resolution, they'd likely have to downgrade it graphically to get it to run well.

Also, if they'd start work on 3DS ports at this point, the 3DS would likely be a dead system by the time they'd be finished. :v:
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 12 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users