don't click here

First4Figures unveils a new Sonic statue

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SillyJonna, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Their heart is in the right place, as I'm sure spending that much money on a statue would be impossible for some of their customers. But damn, I'd buy that.
    Really happy about Tails too.

2. Afr0Blu3

Afr0Blu3

UK
    The things I would do for that Knuckles one!

3. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Bloody hell First4Figures, I'm never gonna have any money if you guys keep this up! That Knuckles looks awesome, from what we can see of it - really cool pose, and the base looks like it's Lava Reef which is a brilliant thing (love Lava Reef, one of my absolute favourite Sonic levels).

I really hope they change their minds about the Classic Robotnik. I can totally understand their logic, but I'd happily pay ludicrous amounts of money for it if it looked as amazing as the other Classic Sonic statues.

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    First4Figures is evidently considering Fang for statue production. There's a poll on their facebook.

I put my yes in. I'd buy a Fang statue no questions asked. I wonder if they already have a go ahead from Sega provided they can get enough interest.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Want to See Nack/Fang? They're seriously asking. Get voting! I believe this will be the straw to break some of your backs.

EDIT: lol, ninja'd for a bump. The whole deal with getting permission from SEGA is the big question though. I doubt they'd give them permission considering how touchy they are about him. The fact that he appears in a poster in Generations is surprising enough really.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I can't help but think that the fact they they're even asking may indicate that they already have permission, or might get it if they can prove they'd be enough buyers. I hope it goes through though. It could mean a potential Metal Knuckles in the future and well, I'd have to get that too.

7. I'd buy two Fang statues.

And if they made a Tails Doll statue? Good God, it'll never happen... but if it did...

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

We're over a third of the way there now, and 265 of the votes are for a Nack/Fang statue. Spread the word if you can. We still need many more votes.

9. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    I really wish they'd make some more of those little 2inch figures like the ones in the 6-pack that came out a while ago (with classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal and Super Sonic). Those were so great, and they could surely make a classic Robotnik that fit the scale of those without being prohibitively expensive. Maybe they could release another set with Robotnik and some classic Badniks or something.

10. I voted for it :)

Probably won't buy it, but still. It would be nice to see him return in a game though, not just in a poster.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The licence they have no longer permits them to make any smaller figures, either like the 5"vinyls of the 2"PVCs sadly. So all we're getting now is statues, and on the plus side they're in both Classic and Modern flavours.

12. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Aw... well that sucks. The statues look amazing, but they're so expensive. I don't really have room to display them, either.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That's a real shame... I'd certainly buy more of the small figurines if they kept them coming, but not any big statue as much as I love these characters.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Same, I don't really care much for large figurines, but the small ones are great. They make perfect desk decorations

15. Wow ,that statue looks neat.
    If only they would make a Shadow the Hedgehog statue. I would totally buy it.

16. Hayato

Hayato

Angel Island
    Couple of stories in need of some concept art.
    Don't worry I am sure they will end up making a Shadow the Hedgehog statue eventually know that they had already made a modern Sonic statue. I would love to see Nack/Fang along with the Chaotix which probably will not happen. I am just over joyed to see that Knuckles is coming out. I as well just received a paycheck and I am thinking about buying the Metal Sonic statue (exclusive) if not already sold out and the Knuckles when the time comes.

The only problem I have with the statues is that I want to be sure that they are actually worth the money and they will continue to be worth that price in later years. Metal Sonic is close to $178 MSRP without shipping costs. Does anyone think that these prices will increase as the years go on? And would anyone love to see the Chaotix members all in one statue, or each member have an individual statue?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.facebook.com/First4Figures

Knuckles is up for preorder as of next week, although something looks... off about his mouth >>

18. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Awesome stuff, can't wait to see it in full next week! I agree that his mouth looks a bit off though, hopefully it'll look better from a different angle.

19. I'm a huge fucking collectibles geek when it comes to Sonic the Hedgehog, but in my current financial situation I couldn't FATHOM paying upwards of $200 for a statue like these. Maybe if it were possible that these would sky rocket in price down the line and become very valuable, but who knows if that's what would happen. These seem to be pouring out in a series rather than just a one off collectible, so it's quite possible they won't be worth much if you tried to sell it. I was an early adopter of Kevin Smith's Clerks InAction Figure line, I bought each one as it came out, and they never went up in value. Even the autographed ones as they're in such abundance. It's a matter of whether or not you're willing to pay that much for a piece of memorabilia that you're willing to keep forever that may not go up in value, and may even go down in value. I honestly don't see the statues going down in value though, at best staying the same price, but who knows.

20. omg Knuckles yesss. I can't wait for Tails. They ARE gonna make it, right... :(