Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) - WARNING, SPOILERS - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 681 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) - WARNING, SPOILERS Developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon and PagodaWest

#10201 User is offline MiSHiKiS 

Posted Today, 12:35 PM

Something that caught my eye was that Iizuka-San was used as the person who was responsible in helping keep Classic Sonic true to Classic, but weren't his ideas to basically tie the game into Forces, and make them use the old levels? Two things that weren't really generally popular ideas?

#10202 User is online ICEknight 

Posted Today, 12:35 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostDark Sonic, on Today, 12:06 PM, said:

Hey here's a standout quote from that article:

Shun Nakamura: It was very interesting for me to see Sonic Mania come out, get very high scores and have people praise the game. From the team's perspective, we're still going to be making 3D games for the audience that likes that style of Sonic - when we see the reactions that Mania got, the entire team sat down and thought it was really interesting, and we should break down what people liked about Mania, and in the future - when we build our 3D games - see what essence we can take from Sonic Mania and put into a 3D world, to give people what they're looking for and that they've found in Sonic Mania.

*Clap, clap, clap* Took ya that long to figure out that one huh? Please, please do this it'll be better for everyone. However I hope your selling points from Mania aren't "Classic Sonic + levels from Sonic 1 - S&K" because that'd be missing the point.

They could just ask the Sonic Mania team about it, but no. :rolleyes:
This post has been edited by ICEknight: Today, 12:39 PM

#10203 User is offline Dissent 

Posted Today, 12:45 PM

View PostICEknight, on Today, 12:35 PM, said:

View PostDark Sonic, on Today, 12:06 PM, said:

Hey here's a standout quote from that article:

Shun Nakamura: It was very interesting for me to see Sonic Mania come out, get very high scores and have people praise the game. From the team's perspective, we're still going to be making 3D games for the audience that likes that style of Sonic - when we see the reactions that Mania got, the entire team sat down and thought it was really interesting, and we should break down what people liked about Mania, and in the future - when we build our 3D games - see what essence we can take from Sonic Mania and put into a 3D world, to give people what they're looking for and that they've found in Sonic Mania.

*Clap, clap, clap* Took ya that long to figure out that one huh? Please, please do this it'll be better for everyone. However I hope your selling points from Mania aren't "Classic Sonic + levels from Sonic 1 - S&K" because that'd be missing the point.

They could just ask the Sonic Mania team about it, but no. :rolleyes:/>

Since someone asked, this entire quote is why I said he was essentially dumbfounded since Mania seems to have shattered their worldview of consumers.

#10204 User is online dot.kh 

Posted 18 minutes ago

• Dr. Eggman-sama the ultimate temple
I'd take all that with a grain of salt and go as far as to say that interviews have sometimes been imprecisely translated. Some things get lost in translation and the developer's like 'can't we have a native speaker translating this for me?'. I mean c'mon, WORDS IN VIDEO GAMES. A rather jarring scenario.

• 681 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

14 User(s) are reading this topic
4 members, 9 guests, 1 anonymous users

1. Member: Dark Sonic,
  2. Member: dot.kh,
  3. Researcher: ICEknight,
  4. Member: High Fidelity