Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project v1.0 Available - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project v1.0 Available Sonic Unleashed stages in Sonic Generations PC, at 60 FPS

#1 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
I delayed creating the thread here since originally, my post in ModDB was gonna be much larger and detailed... until they told me at the last minute that there was a 10k character limit. Most of the questions asked in the other thread at the moment had already been answered in the Readme, but I don't blame you since that is really long. :v: So I had to separate it into a news post, which didn't get approved until this morning.

Since I would probably just copy paste my original post here, better go read the original news post on ModDB:
ModDB News Post with FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Credits included

Torrent of the mod.
Atomic Gamer

Posted Image
Posted Image

Feel free to use this thread for all your needs, I hope the extended post will help clear any other doubts people had.

As for post release stuff, I will quote myself:

I will start writing a long series of posts about all the technical behind-the-scenes stuff a while after release.

Since obviously archiving this stuff is in the best spirit of what Retro is about, I will post those on this thread later on.

For bugfixes, we'll probably push a patch in the online updater later when we got some more issues reported after some days.

As for post-release content, there's no plans for me yet due to how busy I will be for the rest of the year with college. We have some cleaning/organization/archival to do of the whole thing first. There's some stuff coming for SonicGLvl first though!

Hope you guys had fun with our work after all this time! I'm really thankful to all the people in the credits sections for helping this become a reali-
Posted Image
Yes, even him.

EDIT: I just remembered Retro has a section for hacks in the Wiki, but I suck at wikis. So if anyone wants to do a page, go ahead.
EDIT2: Also realized I forgot to credit MM for his work on the Archive editor. Sorry!
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 20 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

#2 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

• :3
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog (the OVA Fan Game)
Oh baby, baby.

I'm downloading it, great stuff, Dario. :3
You have no idea of how much I love you right now. Also I hope this isn't the end for you at Generations modding, I think you've mastered most of the engine by now and as far as I'm aware, you're not bad at moddeling also, so... Perhaps we can be having new mods in the near future (I want my Ice Cap Zone).

Also, what does it have for Classic Sonic? Night stages or nothing at all?

(Does the torrent comes with the latest GMI or do I have to download it separately?)

#3 User is online Candescence 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

• Project:Construct stuff
Maybe if I ever reinstall Generations, I might play this, but congrats for finishing this. Very cool.

Also, I don't really care about Eggmanland not being in there, it was a terrible, terrible stage.
This post has been edited by Candescence: 20 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

#4 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostP3DR0, on 20 March 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Also I hope this isn't the end for you at Generations modding, I think you've mastered most of the engine by now and as far as I'm aware, you're not bad at moddeling also, so...

My modelling skills are as limited as my cooking skills. Next to zero. While I don't intend to be very active at modding, I will make the effort to leave most tools open source and clean to use. In any case the next game still uses the Hedgehog Engine... hey, even better!

View PostP3DR0, on 20 March 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

(Does the torrent comes with the latest GMI or do I have to download it separately?)

It does.

#5 User is offline Chris Highwind 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

• Bubble wrap makes everything better
  • Wiki edits:13
I suck at wikis too, so I just made a quick stub as a starting point for people to build off of.

Sonic Generations - Unleashed Project
This post has been edited by Chris Highwind: 20 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

#6 User is offline Jason 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

• *Results not lab tested.
Dario and company, you are magnificent bastards.

Also: Am I wrong to think that because of the added 2D splines in some of the Classic Sonic stages, that there will be fully playable Classic versions of these stages in the next major update?

A thing regarding the above spoiler: The Windmill Isle Act and 2 are swapped in the Classic versions, so that may need to be patched. Also, can the Homing Attack be purchased for Classic Sonci eventually? I have yet to obtain it, and some stages are next to impossible without it.

#7 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostJason, on 20 March 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Also: Am I wrong to think that because of the added 2D splines in some of the Classic Sonic stages, that there will be fully playable Classic versions of these stages in the next major update?

Answered in the FAQ.

The level entrances for Classic Sonic's Windmill Isle acts are swapped/incorrect

Due to some limitations with save file restrictions/level order requirements by the game itself, this is the only possible workaround at the moment to be able to play both versions of Windmill Isle as either Sonic.

The more technical explanation behind it is that basically, you need to clear ghz100 to be able to save the game(hardcoded), and ghz200 to be able to get red rings(also hardcoded). While the current workaround is weird, it's the only way we could figure out how to make them available while keeping the linear progression intact.

View PostJason, on 20 March 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

A thing regarding the above spoiler: The Windmill Isle Act and 2 are swapped in the Classic versions, so that may need to be patched. Also, can the Homing Attack be purchased for Classic Sonci eventually? I have yet to obtain it, and some stages are next to impossible without it.

You can get the homing attack by getting all the red rings in Windmill Isle act 2(as Classic, so it's the tutorial level). All levels are completable without it though.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 20 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

#8 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

• :3
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog (the OVA Fan Game)
So... Does Wentos makes an appearence at every stage or only one? Because I've found him on Cool Edge:

Spoiler

#9 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

• Project:All the bitches.
  • Wiki edits:582

View PostDario FF, on 20 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

<3

#10 User is offline 1stKirbyever 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostDario FF, on 20 March 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

You can get the homing attack by getting all the red rings in Windmill Isle act 2(as Classic, so it's the tutorial level). All levels are completable without it though.

Actually, Cool Edge is incompleteable with and without it. As soon as you get flung off the Whale you end up hitting the wall and eventually falling to your death... Unless I'm doing something wrong.

#11 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostP3DR0, on 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

So... Does Wentos makes an appearence at every stage or only one? Because I've found him on Cool Edge:

Every stage but the tutorial one. Since I don't really have a place there to hide him. :v:

View Post1stKirbyever, on 20 March 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Actually, Cool Edge is incompleteable with and without it. As soon as you get flung off the Whale you end up hitting the wall and eventually falling to your death... Unless I'm doing something wrong.

I didn't really playtest it, but I think you just need to not move the stick, or keep holding forward. The one time I tried it, it worked so I assumed there were no problems.

#12 User is offline Ell678 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

• Am I Annoying You?
  • Project:Unnamed Fangame
  • Wiki edits:6
Stunning work people. Looks gorgeous on my computer, runs flawlessly - the way it's meant to be played.

#13 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostEll678, on 20 March 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Stunning work people. Looks gorgeous on my computer, runs flawlessly - the way it's meant to be played.

Oh yeah... looking forward to your shots. :D That is unless the FOV hack doesn't work anymore for multiple screens.

#14 User is offline Chibs 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

• the worst human on the fuckin' planet
I love it, but I keep freezing in random areas, notably in Rooftop Run. I've tried with the Low-End and No Blur mods already, and without them, but the same thing keeps happening. :(

#15 User is offline Azu 

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

• I must be stupid.
I fell out the world in Rooftop run. It was using the Metal Sonic mod. I'm not sure if Neo Metal Sonic's speed is much faster than Super Sonic, but I want to say yes.

• 17 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users