Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 257 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC) Developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon and PagodaWest

#3706 User is offline big smile 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

@redhotsonic

I am from the UK and I am not bothering with the collector's edition. It doesn't offer anything interesting, especially for the price.
However, if I was in your position, I'd get the console version and buy the Steam key separately. That way, you don't have to worry about getting stung by customs, you'll get everything much quicker and you can sell the console key to make some extra money (although, I'd personally keep it as part of the set). It'll probably work out a little cheaper then getting the US version (especially as there will be no customs charges).

#3707 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View Postbig smile, on 20 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

@redhotsonic

I am from the UK and I am not bothering with the collector's edition. It doesn't offer anything interesting, especially for the price.
However, if I was in your position, I'd get the console version and buy the Steam key separately. That way, you don't have to worry about getting stung by customs, you'll get everything much quicker and you can sell the console key to make some extra money (although, I'd personally keep it as part of the set). It'll probably work out a little cheaper then getting the US version (especially as there will be no customs charges).

Customs charges are already included when ordering from Amazon:

When AmazonGlobal products are shipped to eligible countries, an estimate of the Import Fees will be levied on the items in your order for shipment to countries outside of the U.S. With your authorization, these funds are used by the carrier or another agent to pay the Import Fees on your behalf (or the recipient's behalf) to the appropriate authorities of the destination country ("Import Fees Deposit"). The payment of import fees is the responsibility of the importer and is levied based on the laws of the country into which the products are being shipped.

Import Fees Deposits will vary depending on the selected shipping method. The Import Fees Deposit is an estimation of the taxes and duties that may apply and isn't an actual calculation. Customs regulations and tax rates applicable to certain goods may change between the date the taxes and duties were estimated and the applicable taxes and duties on the date of import into the destination country. The duty or tax rate is often determined by the classification of a good, which varies by country and region.

Duties and taxes are calculated based on the market value (actual price before any promotions) of the product and not the price after Amazon promotions. This allows destination country customs authorities to obtain the accurate import duties and taxes owed to them based on the actual value of the goods.

For AmazonGlobal items, you won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated. For items sold by Amazon Marketplace sellers, please check the seller's policies.

If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You'll receive a notification e-mail confirming the amount of the refund. The process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

https://www.amazon.c...msg_viewed_help

For example, this is for the Sonic Mania CE:

Posted Image

#3708 User is offline big smile 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Oh, that's good to know. I've actually been avoiding Amazon for a while, as I got stung in the past!
Although if I was ordering the Collector's Edition, I'd probably still go for the Uk one and then get the key from Steam, as I'd imagine it would come quicker and it doesn't seem to be much more expensive (especially if you sell the Xbox key).

#3709 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

• Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork
My plan is to follow through with my PS4 pre-order of the Collectors Edition, and also buy a regular copy on Switch. Then I will sell the PS4 key, if possible. This is because I was able to get the PS4 Collectors pre-order, but not one for Switch. Really, I just want the figure that comes with the Collector's Edition, but I'm worried the figure is going to be hollow, with sharp seams, and imprecise paint.

#3710 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

• Wiki edits:6
Go with option two - I'm sure you can probably find a fellow member on here who's planning on getting the game for XB1 and isn't getting the CE. You could sell them the code.

#3711 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostBlue Blood, on 20 March 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Go with option two - I'm sure you can probably find a fellow member on here who's planning on getting the game for XB1 and isn't getting the CE. You could sell them the code.

I'd be happy to take you up on that.

#3712 User is offline Drex 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

• Lazy perfectionist

View PostCooljerk, on 20 March 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

View PostApocalypticSalad, on 20 March 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

View PostDrex, on 19 March 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

Looking at the background during the outdoor areas, I'm willing to bet that the next stage will be Sonic 3's rep Icecap Zone. Door snowboarding and all

To me the background just looks like lots of clouds. Is there something that makes you think it's IceCap zone underneath?

Ice Cap Zone was originally meant to follow Flying Battery Zone. You were supposed to snow board off of FBZ onto Ice Cap Zone. The original concept was for the snowboard to be a door from FBZ.

Now I have to admit that I initially thought the clouds in the background were​ mountains similar to the ones in Icecap Zone. Still, with Flying Battery Zone and Icecap Zone being two of the most popular stages in S&K and S3 respectively it seems like too good of an opportunity not to bring them together ESPECIALLY when you get to include major nod to their scrapped stage transition.
This post has been edited by Drex: 20 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

#3713 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
In case anyone wants some temporary album art for this game that fits a 1:1 ratio, I whipped this together:

Posted Image

I have to say I'm loving the art they're making for this game
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 20 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

#3714 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostDigitalDuck, on 20 March 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

View PostBlue Blood, on 20 March 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'd be happy to take you up on that.

Woop

View PostDark Sonic, on 20 March 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

In case anyone wants some temporary album art for this game that fits a 1:1 ratio, I whipped this together:

*snip*

Ta muchly. It's pretty gorgeous art. The only thing that I don't like about it is that I won't get to see it on any official game cases.

#3715 User is offline Sid Starkiller 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostDark Sonic, on 20 March 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, that's beautiful. Someone compared it to the Sonic Heroes boxart, but I think this is better because it looks like one cohesive artwork. In Sonic Heroes, the 3 characters and the background all look like separate pieces crappily slapped together.

#3716 User is offline Narstyle 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

• Project:Android and VR Development
The Art's good, but I can't help but be irked by Sonic and Knuckles having a near identical U-bend on their knees.

It's just... weird and odd.

#3717 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

https://youtu.be/a_j...ZSfA?t=1h58m54s

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

EDIT: Actually turns out this guy doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, see Taxman's and Stealth's posts after this.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 21 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

#3718 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

• Wiki edits:22
Is he saying the half pipe seems to be the special stage? Please God no

#3719 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

View PostTurbohog, on 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Well, remember when the Sonic 3 special stage was spotted and Taxman said we hadn't seen the proper special stage yet.

Guessing that old classic special stages might be bonus stages.

#3720 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

View PostTimmiT, on 20 March 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

View PostTurbohog, on 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Well, remember when the Sonic 3 special stage was spotted and Taxman said we hadn't seen the proper special stage yet.

Guessing that old classic special stages might be bonus stages.

And S3K already did something very much like this. I'm intrigued.

• 257 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

12 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Member: cornholio857