Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SADX/SA1 Hacking/Modding - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 186 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SADX/SA1 Hacking/Modding Now with more research and development!

#2776 User is offline Strife 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

• Project:Freedom Planet 2
So it looks like Beta Windy Valley has now been fully restored based on additional data from the Autodemo. Compared to the old version of the restoration, the camera is much better, additional objects have been ported, and the textures look more like the early screenshots where the level is seen.

Combined with the Dreamcast Conversion mod (Windy Valley should be disabled via the Configuration menu before doing so), it feels like taking a trip back in time to the height of the Saturn era. Kudos to everyone who worked on it!

#2777 User is offline S0LV0 

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

• Sonic Generations Helpdesk
  • Project:Abusing SMPS
I'm briefly logging in to heap praise on the Windy Valley release, because it blew me away. The spacious design and branching paths, especially in the third section, call back to the strengths of the classic games very well. Makes me wish the final game had been more designed this way, or even any other 3D game in the series. Anyway, great job with the restoration!

#2778 User is offline Saturnine Sable 

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:41 AM

• Nectar Hime
  • Project:SEGA Carnival
Anyone have experience with SASave? Trying to edit some Metal Sonic times and it doesn't seem like they're sticking. As soon as I leave the tab, they reset back to the original value.
For reference, my save is NTSC-J GameCube.

#2779 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
It seems to work for me.

#2780 User is offline Saturnine Sable 

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:41 AM

• Nectar Hime
  • Project:SEGA Carnival
I never got it working, but I ended up just hex editing what I needed to using the save format resources on the wiki :specialed:

More relevant - I decided to make credits images for ItsEasyActually's AutoDemo Windy Valley mod, based on PkR's HD GUI 2.

Spoiler

Download - It's fine by me if the people behind either mod want to use these for anything ^^
This post has been edited by Saturnine Sable: 08 December 2018 - 07:41 AM

• 186 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users