Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 57 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread Getcha CG cartoon chat here!

#841 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Had we heard anything about a season 2 by the time season 1 finished? I can't remember.

EDIT: I went back through the thread and the first mention of Season 2 was the 22nd of Feb, 2016: http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=853713
The final episode of Season 1 aired on the 14th of November 2015, so 2 years ago tomorrow. I guess if March rolls around and nothing's been said either way...?

#842 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Spoiler

I do hope this show gets to go on though. They've done a good job with it, just a shame that the games associated it ranged from ok at best to god awful.

#843 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5
I've watched only a couple episodes of the show and then just saw the season 2 finale. I'm stuck between WTF, call this “SA3”, and “This shit is still better than Forces.” It's like watching a HQ YouTube parody. All in the name of Eggman wanting his own video game. Looks like Boom Sonic is best fit as the permanent non-canon cartoon universe for the series.

#844 User is offline hypertense 

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

• Project:Parallel Consequences (writing)

View PostDark Sonic, on 08 November 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Welp, who watched it. What are we looking at here. Is it a winner or is it Sonic Underground levels of cringe.

*shivers* those songs will never leave my mind... Sonic Boom isn't all bad, just strange. I used to fully hate it, not watch it, and protest at the release of it. Then... I just watched it and was OK with it. Takes a minute to actually get used to Sonic having an unnecessary scarf, Amy having a really short dress, tails having goggles and a strap, and Knuckles being HUGE compared to anyone else in that cannon (Sonic Boom's canon).

The games weren't too great, the show was OK, and all in all: 6/10. It actually made songs... like Sonic Underground. The song was really cringe though. Sonic Underground seal of approval cringe-worthy.

I apologize in advance for anyone who/whom loved the Sonic Boom games, character designs, Sonic Underground, or the song Sonic Boom has.

View PostDark Sonic, on 10 September 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

I liked how Vector's eyes did the $ sign thing that happened in Heroes and Tails pointed it out as some kinda medical condition that needed to be addressed :v:/> But yea, interesting to see Vector, he shockingly seemed competent at detective work.

Didn't I just quote you? Oh well.

When Vector appeared, I remember screaming internally: yes yes yes he is the perfect candidate for a Sonic the Hedgehog comedy show yes yes yes why didn't he join earlier yes yes yes where's the rest of his team yes yes yes he has his own show?!

#845 User is offline Chris Highwind 

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

• Project:Slacking
  • Wiki edits:13
So, an interesting little tidbit about Dave the Intern. During a reminiscing of Dave's debut episode, a fan asks if beavers had pockets. Alan Denton responds by clarifying that Dave is a "Nutria" (Wikipedia article here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coypu (it says Coypu, but in the article it mentions they're also called Nutria)), which is basically a R.O.U.S.
This post has been edited by Chris Highwind: 18 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

#846 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Apparently the voice actor who played Comedy Chimp no longer has anything to do with the show. While he neither confirms nor denies season 3 (He said on his twitter to field all questions about the show towards Sega of America now) it certainly doesn't look good for Boom.

#847 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View PostDark Sonic, on 03 April 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Apparently the voice actor who played Comedy Chimp no longer has anything to do with the show. While he neither confirms nor denies season 3 (He said on his twitter to field all questions about the show towards Sega of America now) it certainly doesn't look good for Boom.

Not just voice actor, Bill Freiberger was one of the showrunners. So yeah, a season 3 is looking pretty unlikely.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 05 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

#848 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
I didn't expect a Season 3 if it doesn't happen. I would like one though. For all we know this stuff could be about a Season 4.

Now to just wait for those Spazz 1080ps for the rest of the episodes~

#849 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

I'll be glad if Boom is finally dead. Didn't like the show at all. Ignoring the games, it was little more than a teen Titans go clone.

#850 User is offline Shaddy the guy 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:08 PM

• Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
I'd say it distinguished itself from TTG by occasionally being funny.

#851 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostShaddy the guy, on 05 April 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'd say it distinguished itself from TTG by never being funny.

Throw shade all you want, it's the most successful show on Cartoon Network for a reason. So successful that SoA wanted to copy it.

#852 User is offline Hitlersaurus Christ 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

• @gayanimedad
  • Project:Snoic Generatons 2017
Literally what the fuck are you on about?

#853 User is offline Felik 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostHitlersaurus Christ, on 06 April 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Literally what the fuck are you on about?

Anything modern Sonic = automatically bad and needs to burn, basically.

I for one really enjoyed the show. Sure it was hit or miss but when it hits it hits hard. Boom was at it's best when it was doing ironic/self-aware humor.

• 57 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users