Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Archie Sonic Comic Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 215 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread IDW will start publishing in 2018

#3211 User is offline Shaddy the guy 

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

• Zaphod's just some guy, you know?
  • Project:Completely remaking my fanedit because I messed up
Come "back" to the series?

Uh, in any case, I don't mind the cast not being all the Archie dudes. I want to see them again, especially the Egg Army, but focusing on the main game cast is something I'd prefer right now. I only wish we'd get to know more about the plots of games from a longer amount of time ago, instead of just whatever new ones come out that they can adapt.

#3212 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN

View PostJason, on 28 December 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

If the games are going to be this light on plot and lore as they have been since Colors for the foreseeable future, the comics fleshing them out and having them make sense is exactly what the franchise needs. At least until good narratives come back to the series. Creating another alternate universe will only make things more confusing. There should be an effort to make the existing canon sensible, rather than create another branch. It makes the series less approachable.

Yeah, I think this would be ideal as it means the regular gaming people can play a streamlined Sonic game that doesn't require you to be so invested in DEEP LORE, whereas those do who want that can have a good resource to turn to.

For example, a Sonic Mania comic adaptation could easily fill in the missing stage transitions from the game, and explain more about the nature of the Heavies and the Ruby amongst other things.

It would also take the weight off Sonic Team or any other devs trying to come up with new confusing plots and risking more contradictions/retcons, etc by having someone who's a bit more tuned into that world and lore keeping everything tied together, preventing a PONTAFF 2.0 situation.

• 215 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users